new Toro personal pace mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellow oil guy`s!! Well yesterday I broke down and bought us a new Toro personal pace,electric start,self propelled,22" mower from Home Depot.Cut the grass yesterday,and it really does a nice job.And I like the rear propel better than front.Says to use 30 weight detergent oil in it,until 5 hrs,then I`ll go with my GC.Although it says in the manual that 5W-30 synthetic is good for all temps. Do you guy`s think maybe I would be better off using PP in it instead?

Nice mower. The GC would work well as would the PP, but I would use a 10W-30 synthetic in it. The Amsoil 10W-30/30 small engine oil is also an excellent product.

Thanx Johnny
grin2.gif

Actually, based on a recommendation from this site, I tried 0W-40 synthetic and really like the results. M1 seems to be the easiest to find for me.

FWIW, my current mower is Toro w/Briggs engine. It is so old - Personal Pace hadn't been invented yet.

Originally Posted By: gizzsdad
Actually, based on a recommendation from this site, I tried 0W-40 synthetic and really like the results. M1 seems to be the easiest to find for me.

FWIW, my current mower is Toro w/Briggs engine. It is so old - Personal Pace hadn't been invented yet.

Hahaha,well your doing something right then!!The reason I went with Toro is because my grand father bought two of them in the mid 70``s. One regular cut,the other a mulcher.Both had Tecumseh engines and they lasted for many years.And the mulching mower did a beautiful job.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is it the 20332 model?

20332... I think it is,I`ll have to check.Their is no problem with that particular model is their?

Is it the 20332 model?

It`s the 20333 model.I think the only difference is the electric start.Which is very nice I will add.

Last edited:
Quote:
Their is no problem with that particular model is their?

Not that I know of... apart from some people b!tching about the B&S engine in it. I am actually planning to buy the same mower, hence I was wondering how you like it so far, but I guess it's too early to tell...

Last edited:
Quote:
Their is no problem with that particular model is their?

Not that I know of... apart from some people b!tching about the B&S engine in it. I am actually planning to buy the same mower, hence I was wondering how you like it so far, but I guess it's too early to tell...

Well pete,I cut my .77 acre lawn yesterday flawlessly.And I really like the personal pace rear drive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Well pete,I cut my .77 acre lawn yesterday flawlessly.And I really like the personal pace rear drive.

Thanks. I only have about 0.2 acre to mow.

On the subject of oil, another good choice would be a 10w-30 CI-4 HDEO. These are easy to come by in Canada, but I think a little less common stateside.

I'm using XD-3 PAO synthetic 0w-30 CI-4 HDEO in all my power equipment. It's pretty close to a 40 wt.

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
On the subject of oil, another good choice would be a 10w-30 CI-4 HDEO. These are easy to come by in Canada, but I think a little less common stateside.

I'm using XD-3 PAO synthetic 0w-30 CI-4 HDEO in all my power equipment. It's pretty close to a 40 wt.

Yeah,I was kinda surprised to see that the 5W-30 synthetic was their choice for all temperature (all ambient temps.)oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Is it the 20332 model?

It`s the 20333 model.I think the only difference is the electric start.Which is very nice I will add.

Ya know,I`m really screwin up today!! Its the 20334 model Pete.

The 09 model Toros have Honda engines on some of them.
They have adapted some of the LawnBoy features.
The personal pace is very similar to the LawnBoy version and the decks on some models are the same exvept for the Brand name(LawnBoy's is cast into the deck on the Aluminum deck ones.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
The 09 model Toros have Honda engines on some of them.

Yeah, unfortunately not on the Recycler series. Only the Super Bagger series uses Honda engines - quite expensive though.

Last edited:
I have an almost identical Toro mower, 20017 Recycler, but without the electric start. It has a 6.5 Tecumseh engine. Currently using Rotella T Synth 5W-40. I have only 3-4 hours on the OCI but everything looks great so I'll be sticking with it.

I used Snapper engine oil previously and even after the OCI the oil felt unusually slippery, maybe a synth or semi-synth? Who knows, but that too was a good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back