New tool thread

Well, it was supposed be an assortment of Speedi-Bleed adapters.....
20240521_200932.jpg

.....but I got an empty case, the GMT400 adapter I ordered separately (same shipping box), and an M/K caliper file from Amazon. The Speedi-Bleed stuff was shipped directly from them in BC
20240521_201016.jpg

I have both....Use 12Ah batteries!
I'm new to the M18 Fuel line. Just the Trimmer, Blower, and 1/2” Mid Torque for now. For batteries I have an XC8.0 and two XC6.0.

I'd like to get a 12.0 and that should be a pretty good mix.

The 8.0 gets me through the front yard (edgeing, trimming, and blowing) with one bar left.

What the heck happened there?
They say they're sending me out the missing 7 adapters that should have been in the case.

The guy said it's never happened before and I don't know if he thought I was lying. I've got better things to do with my time than try to scam a company in British Columbia for some brake reservoir adapters -- seems like a bad business plan for a criminal empire.

I'm new to the M18 Fuel line. Just the Trimmer, Blower, and 1/2” Mid Torque for now. For batteries I have an XC8.0 and two XC6.0.

The 8.0 gets me through the front yard (edgeing, trimming, and blowing) with one bar left.
Honestly I've been impressed with even the 5.0s on the string trimmer. I mean they're not amazing but better than you'd think, considering. OTOH the blower eats batteries and a 5.0 is too small.

That said, I also use 12.0s whenever possible. I'm slowly working to mostly get 8.0s and 12.0s. On some impact drivers I kinda like the 3.0CPs, simply for less weight. I tend to be annoyed by 6.0 simply because they're the same size as an 8.0, so why bother....

They say they're sending me out the missing 7 adapters that should have been in the case.

The guy said it's never happened before and I don't know if he thought I was lying. I've got better things to do with my time than try to scam a company in British Columbia for some brake reservoir adapters -- seems like a bad business plan for a criminal empire.
I'm let you know when I order mine. I've got 3 different brake reservoirs under one roof now 😑

They should be able to look at the shipping weight of the package (from the tracking info) and see that is is too low, because it contains no adapters.

They should be able to look at the shipping weight of the package (from the tracking info) and see that is is too low, because it contains no adapters.
I thought that too, but it came Purolator (who apparently does more than oil filters in the North?) to UPS to me.

IME UPS just rounds up to the nearest pound (at least on Pirate Ship) so I'm uncertain if an exact weight to the ounce would have been retained or recorded on their end by the Purolator shipping system?

Furthermore they seemed to just grab any box lying around, and the one they happened to use was VERY heavy duty cardboard.....point being variations in a box could make for several ounces and that could be the weight of one or two aluminum adapters I'd think.

Note the corrugation and high tech packing material (not complaining-- it works)
20240521_200040.jpg

The M18 addiction will grow. Look into the inflator, I love mine. The blower is really nice and love how its instant spooling. I'd say skip the 12ah unless you invest in the chainsaw, 8ah works but it goes through it relatively quickly.

The M18 addiction will grow. Look into the inflator, I love mine. The blower is really nice and love how its instant spooling. I'd say skip the 12ah unless you invest in the chainsaw, 8ah works but it goes through it relatively quickly.
For me the chainsaw overheats the 8.0s.

I'm planning on a FWD Toyota V6 passenger side axle 🙁
I'm told heat + impacting is my best chance at getting it out
I've got the little MAPP Pro torch, just needed an air hammer
HF had a coupon 👀
It's not Big Nasty™, but it should do
If this doesn't take it out, it'll be a shops problem 🤔

Do I need any specific hammering bit, or will anyone do?
1000011672.jpg

1000011673.jpg

Back