New tool thread

Nepros 3090s from Whalesupply, SO TNF72 I traded for, and a Matco CFR158 from EBay.

IMG_6604.jpeg

I got this Lisle oil pressure sensor removal tool. It supposedly fits Chevy LS engines. I could have used a 27 mm deep socket but I didn’t have one. If you look closely it looks like it might have been a return. I wonder how many times people return a single use tool. Anyway it’s not worth getting uptight about it. The printing on it says “ Do not use when engine is running” Dah. The next step is to do the flying Superman to get at the sensor at the rear of the engine.

14B813FA-4664-4A66-90EC-ABC379C68336.jpeg

Last edited:
Snagglefoot, I have that same socket and mine looks exactly like yours. The finish on it is so cheap, it's rusting out in my garage.
Works fine though.

Got a Carista EVO to use with the HL. I'm hoping to use it for initializations after maintenance and customizations. Is it odd that the live data doesn't show any O2 sensor or fuel trim data.

It does display ATF temperature so I'll be a bit more comfortable doing fluid maintenance.

20240517_112305_adjusted.jpg
Screenshot_20240517_154702_Carista_resized.jpg

There's no way to change metric to customary units of measure.

I was able to change the blink count of the auto lane change function from three to seven (max). In true Toyota fashion, there is confusion on whether the blink count can be changed on 4th Gen HL's; some dealerships say it can't be done, owner's manual makes no customization reference, TIS says it can be changed via GTS. The latter is true.

Back