New tool thread

These are $10 at TSC right now. I still forbid these for cargo control but they're sure handy in the shop to act as a sling for a dash or transmission or whatever. Also much like the concept of making caliper hangers bright so you might not forget them, I like the bright color here for visibility
20240428_170703.jpg

My girlfriend got me an induction heater kit for my upcoming birthday! I've already used it 3 times, it worked a treat getting rusty and fertilizer encrusted hydraulic lines off of a valve block. I didn't snap a single one.

Here's the kit she bought me, in case anyone wants: Hot Rod Induction Heater Kit

EDIT: Looks just like the one NYEngineer posted about on Wednesday. Great minds think alike!

Nice haul!! Curious - have you noticed that they took away the option to easily switch from USA Amazon to others?? I was on last night trying to find something Stahlwille and couldn’t easily get my app to switch to Amazon.de.
I find the app extremely finicky and annoying when switching back and forth between any countries except Canada/USA. When I’m shopping on Amazon Japan I just use a web browser and go there directly

I used the induction heater yesterday on my son's very crusty 2005 Ram pickup. Worked awesome. Held it over a nut for about eight seconds, the nut started to smoke, he hit it with the impact, instant bolt removal. Love that thing now.

I also got a lightly used Milwaukee Fuel 18 ga finish nailer. Tool only, on Ebay. Went and got some nails, put a battery on it and went to town on this little closet I'm building for my wife. I will never hit a nail with a hammer ever again. Gotta get a framing nailer now.

I have been looking for a compact ratchet, came across this 711L branded one on Amazon, and this Steinwhale short screw driver bit set. Got the screwdriver bit set for the really short double sided bits that come in the set. Combined with the ratchet, you end up with a very compact set up. As a bonus, the screwdriver is apparently biodegradable.

20240429_133759.jpg

20240429_160333.jpg

20240429_155837.jpg

20240429_155914.jpg

I just ordered a set of L/hand carbide tipped drill bits for drilling out broken taps, easy outs and broken hardened bolts. Not cheap but Made in USA.
carbide tipped bits.jpg

I have that ratchet and pliers, nice tools to have, use them both a lot.

Ya, both really nice ty. The locking extension is too. I should have bought the 3/8 a while ago, I have a 1/4 T72 but never use that size. I ma trade it in on something I can use.

I just ordered a set of L/hand carbide tipped drill bits for drilling out broken taps, easy outs and broken hardened bolts. Not cheap but Made in USA.
View attachment 217183

Nice, post up how it works. In hand tools a carbide anything is a gamble, I hope they hold up and don't chip on you

That why I wouldn't use solid carbide drill bits in a hand held drill or even a drill press, these are just carbide tipped similar to a concrete drill bit.

-Lexivon butane torch
-Cheap disconnect pliers to weld & modify for fuel line discos
-Powerbuilt Zeon hex extractors. Sort of a spiral bit that is almost surely gimmicky, but was cheap on AWD
-Cheap import spark plug boot pliers. I'm hoping these might prove useful on some heater hoses, too
20240501_102526.jpg

Super high quality FLZOSPER-branded 5.5mm ratcheting wrench. I was just wishing for this on a recent project that I've already forgotten.

I do remember I wanted a flex head but couldn't find one, so settled for this.

Note the lobster claw open end -- so elegant! <-----sarcasm
20240503_175147.jpg

Back