New tool thread

I have 12 bearings that need to be installed on a bicycle and I’ll take any excuse I can to buy a new tool so here we have a bearing press kit from Amazon. Finely crafted in China I’m sure but seems really nice.

The markings indicating which bearings each bushing fits is a nice touch.
View attachment 2088036View attachment 212590
That is superb! Where did you buy it?

Waiting for this to arrive tomorrow

IMG_4529.jpg

I have a press kit just like that only without the nice organized case. I have to get a box and some foam and get to it.

I bought a dewalt 20v pole saw. I wish I would have bought one years ago. Will replace a chainsaw for 90% of my stuff. One of those tool where you look back and regret not spending the money before.
I bought one the other day. The local hardware store had the kit with the battery and charger on sale for $199. It normally is $229.

Saw this while at the store yesterday. Couldn't resist.

kobaltmini.jpg

Yes, it's not a "real" toolbox, too small for many purposes, and the action of the drawers and top aren't great. Nor necessarily a good value at normal price.

But it's so darned cute and will do fine holding the EDC tools for my 3D printer and general desktop needs, while still evoking a manly vibe. ;)

Evidently, social media made them into a hot holiday item last year, and they were sold cheap during BF, but are more readily available now, though there is a max (5) order quantity to discourage flippers.

I can also try to mod it like I've done with IKEA Helmer drawers, to improve their action. They're in the same vein, though it's too bad they have doubled in price since I first bought them.

IMG_8294.jpeg
Stubby wrenches. Needed one today working on dad’s semi truck. An individual at Northern Tool was $7 this set was $13.99. Cheaper just to get a set. I didn’t want to get one at Northern Tool anyway because their wrenches are pretty rough when it comes to quality. These are great. Dad bought them for the tool collection at home. I have some but when you park 20 miles away from your house it’s more convenient just to buy them instead of going back home. Hey I can’t complain that’s the second set of tools he has bought me in 2 days lol. Probably won’t use them much anyway since they are SAE. I already don’t use the SAE ones that are in my truck at the house.

Bring me your weak bring me your dead.......... ....

SR44 batteries please.
Someone or more than one of you follows that goes through a lot of these batteries would you mind throwing your old dead ones and weak ones as you replace them in a can somewhere and when you get about 50 or so send them to me I will reimburse you for the shipping.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
Still NIB is Mityvac MV6410 upon the recommendation of @clinebarger , and the HF SCT because it was a decent deal with 15% coupon.

Also, SnapOn PFSXM908BView attachment 212890
Mityvac MV6410 from where and how much? 2 people pump is getting old for me. HF Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder with Auto-Refill Kit sucks. Maybe the operator sucks. Either way, I saw a utube of similar Mityvac and I'm sold on one man bleeder. This one:

Last edited:
Mityvac MV6410 from where and how much? 2 people pump is getting old for me. HF Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder with Auto-Refill Kit sucks. Maybe the operator sucks. Either way, I saw a utube of similar Mityvac and I'm sold on one man bleeder. This one:

The Mityvac is for bottom fill trans pans. Cheapest I found was JB Tools, which was also the link clinebarger provided me. I poked around elsewhere on the web but couldn't do any better

The Mityvac is for bottom fill trans pans. Cheapest I found was JB Tools, which was also the link clinebarger provided me. I poked around elsewhere on the web but couldn't do any better
TIA. Would this be of benefit to Ram and Jeep owners with the 8 speed transmissions?

New 93mm/15 flute filter wrench (right) to replace stamped one with spot welded sq drive (left)
20240408_171455.jpg

This one runs a full bead inside (right). Note the spot welds left, and amazing eccentricity of the sq drive!!
20240408_171652.jpg

Back