New tool thread

I’ve never used or owned a Snap-on one so I don’t know lol.
I don’t understand why you need those on a regular basis? Given the size of your tool collection (by now), don’t you own sockets in every drive size?

Do you sometimes work in a pit crew?
When you have limited space and you are trying to get done more than you have time for, every moment counts. More often than not lately, you are given 2 hrs to do 4 hrs of work, so anything helps.

F8A48B3B-5B16-4A0D-8943-D10320BAFC44.jpeg
C11629FB-7280-42C9-96D0-BCE4C9B8E028.jpeg

Had to buy these in a pinch. Was at grandmas as she asked me to come change the oil and spark plugs in her mower and sharpen the blades. She sent me all the engine and mower information. Got there well video showed it being a twist off plastic drain plug nope got there and it’s a square drain plug that’s a 7/16 or 11mm. Well of course I grabbed my wrench set that didn’t have an 11mm in it and didn’t bring any 8 or 12 point sockets so off to Auto Zone I went. Was able to get it loose with the 7/16 and tightened it too and gave it the final tighten with the adjustable. It’s in a really tight spot. I’ve never worked on a zero turn mower before. Pain in the tail. I’ve also never seen a mower with two plugs luckily Auto Zone had them in stock because I only purchased one plug as the video didn’t show it having two either and I matched it up same type of mower and engine just not a detailed video I guess. So two new tools to add to the collection. Should have gotten an 11mm wrench instead but I like using SAE over metric. Now I know another tool I need to make sure I have lol. Luckily she literally lives right across the street from Auto Zone, Advance and O’Reilly. I always choose Auto Zone first.

Visited the nephew in NC over the weekend while traveling to Charlotte, NC He and his boy did some work for an old lady. She paid them with a big box of tools, he ended up giving me an old Sears 1/2 torque wrench for the van. Just so I can torque the van's lugs myself
We've had the torque wrench in the van for some time now, but over the weekend, we finally had a chance to buy the deep lug socket via tractor supply. We tried several places like Lowes & Home depot, but ended up going to tractor supply because they had single sockets available instead of having to buy the whole set.

Nepros 1/4" ratchet, because sometimes I wanna buy something special. I ordered it Feb 7th; just got it today. Feels like it needs lube...
AMWts8BZ6THGnYxXRY81O1JjuGlDEF7G2Ftrtzo5Z_aKpEr9vQKkXO0ba0YmqQ8rDoYVHYtc6Q55HSc_zXj1lFxo2dTzXqHIOVFui-tT4ZhCPPEiSM1LqQFrynbJxPsGum9Df9q72hd58DTwzCGQzlbd81BHBsaAu3gVhRApo0WGgVSpiW9hUEwsuRWmL0KCL6OFkg54q5jIGPunFq8zY2LBkcUDL-VaDQqCwOFovZyw2yaRqNXH4AQa_KfOlZ-Dskz_k_Mte4J4KsqAKeUCrQbAWN30h2VvRwh0Jjbsrs2JjAfyjTQPbgFpT-CO9cGRJiG0km1--UFvBUEmPoM-UIamS5Vc2hP3q-i57BFC1Z38pOmrBAaBnFaNcsakHAFpcAcLleue_eyzPKhIIWMeF9XhFEcyN50c9bOeCAHi0MhI1Ku7O-S6MNsLkYJyeyCSyzMIahxZiMyvYWZaSyFJ_CNwZLYMufvesOwvC4Zca6YjvNwiHA2989rnvFtXA9_KsMJoi823HZOGqouKRDMJh1xgDRaR-bXvSR295gCstp0IIbIEhxZpd-LSiR-RPTxrqRYsLt65L9cvvwWNek0VYsVMDhpoIMBghe4M6PO3OKEw_B0o7Y2E9KLUMU9RaPYJ49z6OZNYRIqXMWlGuK6zXkOz1HsOr8fobeC9IZkKc_4OczjhPy8eY-pqIuXnfVrRQyGeKcVrRWpPM_HKaGprzC55XWuRKG4pA0GsvjAsnF9PpG7jWvDkYpe0239izMixgayolH4Qlt4Yatc2iw9wLIa1cMNcujV7kR5sT14_qcST2cM1_mPfRpOSY2p-d7DFwhe-9k69IX2chpAQE2Twu7g8dz6wlJ9zlzorX6z0i-PtaP9BaL4bt7FMqd24PqJk_ivg5-EuZSyB42ncg1obljT-9pxCdw=w1306-h980-s-no

2' Tekton 1/2" ratchet for the next stuck Toyletta composite filter. Every tool is a hammer, right? Except the Nepros...
AMWts8BY7Tcgkx6YeJ8LZBzO0B7lzeuP2XogJsp31pZfrLGYxKK37FAhRCWViL6oogFNh1KYwg-zAPLanHQniQQJUbIKZa_H11NGZOc4LRbmPatn_D-peNgp4gxfpBTvojelS3PN-uVxJWE5a3Tg5PDJnBGiavwzQnizuyi_RFQlak6DUSxcJL9SU0pk7eX3cLU2HAZn6Dv4JbQSkkcOXGulZsLe5Wc3yv45mPiCMrNpIBJl2gITFsbDW4ZU9mfu-gzr02wIdmBogN_9DtJpKor0Y9s7ypqTzLXvlKLkPw_aYmh7xL__vRP7boS5Gg891pwm5X2wjXl9YZmKpqv4zdRgY9EiKmyQx-F3AbhVmlds_p72cHdmXQqjqeVu5x2wgaxdPyxjjZHeeWt2xvEQohWRsjlvYmvcfb0q8AiHub650RBCAIS9PVNPpexYF8LWtcFe6qYXZbIEokCMAs2_gQmoOdDvLKaWC-TEiXAjhw4k9xVq4jM0JUEAR6L5EScrEG2nHSdskECTuslwIJItQxSbRzC_YE4EpPqGl97m510_UTU2w0eH4gFI0xjWpLAu0SwxwfTqhxu61026-RK0QJzbx4mMXyNSRX5H3lijSvlKB3Vl3ruggynK9trd3_e6cHgLK0gxBTob3U4T9Zb34qviEN4QinRCMJbmi05D8Him_IvYQO74BNGTQZ21dNkIBX7MCQLtBP9qL5eCxymF54fchchT_9X_J3HKY9NWYTNx-dpxnAxpDBVu4OluJg6T7et_Gmb-BRdVAhEZnxJXob1h6kfQs904_bIVWK1TLR8E68eosteZSBiriX0sTvFnOYU73Ky4sJu15BQdCZsvWCYfld1K4g2Fff6SGv02eeTF3UEEPnMrzOoIQrzRTyVE9kVq96v7GQ8KImzoHnmrJQDKFVS1oA=w1306-h980-s-no

Last edited:
I’ve never used or owned a Snap-on one so I don’t know lol.

The Snap-on version uses a replaceable 3/8" insert, Buy a extra insert so when you break it & you will break it.....You can replace it & move on.

Every since buying my 3/8" drive Milwaukee mid-torque, I don't use my adapter very often. I don't use 3/8" drive tools on my high-torque as it's blatant abuse at that point.

I think the Snap-on adapter is one of the strongest available & believe it's because the Insert.....I own Cornwell, Mac, Matco, SK, Craftsman, And older style Snap-on adapters & they shear off way to easily.

l3RQJ13.jpg

The Snap-on version uses a replaceable 3/8" insert, Buy a extra insert so when you break it & you will break it.....You can replace it & move on.

Every since buying my 3/8" drive Milwaukee mid-torque, I don't use my adapter very often. I don't use 3/8" drive tools on my high-torque as it's blatant abuse at that point.

I think the Snap-on adapter is one of the strongest available & believe it's because the Insert.....I own Cornwell, Mac, Matco, SK, Craftsman, And older style Snap-on adapters & they shear off way to easily.

l3RQJ13.jpg
So the insert is not warrantied? Or it is and just have an extra so you can pop it in on the spot? I never bought these from the tool truck just because I don’t really use them. Only reason I slapped it on my biggest gun is we were trying to get those wheels off. I was expecting the chrome socket to crack before the adapters snapped. 1/2 chrome socket was too thick as well as the thin walls. That’s why I had to reduce it to 3/8 chrome so I had a socket that fit. I didn’t want to do that but I had to attempt to get them off before they would let me send them on their way.

The insert in warrantable & what the dealer replaces, I have an extra so I don't bug my rep over something I know will break or have a good chance of breaking everytime I use it.....Like Critic said, It's a compromise. A mid-torque 3/8" Impact would've been the ideal tool but they don't give them away.

Last edited:
So the insert is not warrantied? Or it is and just have an extra so you can pop it in on the spot? I never bought these from the tool truck just because I don’t really use them. Only reason I slapped it on my biggest gun is we were trying to get those wheels off. I was expecting the chrome socket to crack before the adapters snapped. 1/2 chrome socket was too thick as well as the thin walls. That’s why I had to reduce it to 3/8 chrome so I had a socket that fit. I didn’t want to do that but I had to attempt to get them off before they would let me send them on their way.
Honestly, bud, trying to break a stuck lug bolt free with your biggest gun hammering a non-impact 3/8" Chrome socket on an adapter is just asking to break tools.

With all the tools you buy, I am surprised that you don't have a set of dedicated thin wall wheel bolt sockets.

1/2 drive - designed specifically for this purpose. Something like this set:

I cringe when I read some of your posts - you break tools through abuse.

We've had the torque wrench in the van for some time now, but over the weekend, we finally had a chance to buy the deep lug socket via tractor supply. We tried several places like Lowes & Home depot, but ended up going to tractor supply because they had single sockets available instead of having to buy the whole set.
I used to buy 3/4 deep impact sockets from Lowe's all the time . It was a very common size on the equipment we worked on and the guys were always losing them , breaking them , or whatever .

Back