New tool thread

From the Snap On truck:

207IPSFM
208MBSTUB (promo)
IMMS50 (to complete my 307IMMS set)
IPLM22C (to complete my 307IPLMY set)

He made me a fair cash deal, but obviously nowhere as good as my eBay finds.

From the Matco truck:

SBDPMA10R/SBDPMA12R promo. 1/4” set is going to @JHZR2

Attachments

• 29A7FB04-DD26-4D48-BE82-6BE09BCC1044.jpeg
    29A7FB04-DD26-4D48-BE82-6BE09BCC1044.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 24
Went shopping with my Summit Racing statement credit. There are still two items on b/o.

View attachment 146360
I had totally forgotten Milwaukee was making that neck light!

I run the headlamp and wish I had the charging dock they offer now for the USB line. I swap the battery several times per day and hate the cheesy slide chargers, plus mini USB is dumb. I think the new stuff finally went Type C

The exhaust hanger pliers are miraculous.

The stretch belt tool won't work for every belt but it's good to have options.

The stretch belt tool won't work for every belt but it's good to have options.
Agreed. On Mazda’s I normally use zip-ties, but the pictured Lisle is the factory service tool for my Ram. For under $20, it was worth the purchase.

Reactions: D60
I bought a pair of 6 ton jack stands at the evil Harbor place this morning. I needed a pair of taller and sturdier stands and these seem to be solid since the redesign after HF's disaster a few years ago. I also joined the Inside Track club mainly for my two sons who are building their own tool inventories.

One of my old 3 ton stands looks like a toy behind the new ones.
IMG_2712-X4.jpg

Last edited:
8E603455-A5DC-4C1A-A1A6-EBABF3961F9E.jpeg

More Duralast goodies today. Used some rewards so basically got the stuff for half price.

3/8 drive 18 inch breaker bar. Haven’t had one at the house since I brought mine to work when I started this job. It’s been much needed and it was longer than HF I think so yeah and feels a lot better made too.

24mm wrench for the house. Will be doing my tie rod ends with it. I have a Craftsman lobster claw one but it’s flexed under minor stress so I’m going to see how this one compares. My other Duralast wrenches have done good.

3/8 drive standard length ratchet just simply because I wanted it as I love their ratchets. They are very smooth for what they are. The price is good too compared to Home Depot who sells identical ones. And you can get the Duralast without quick release and I hate quick release for most situations. Lost many of sockets that way.

And a single 14mm deep which will go to great use on the Toyotas at home. Have a bunch already but needed to get closer to completing my rail.

I seen one of my coworkers there too who works for a different brand and he completely endorsed Duralast just about all his hand tools are Duralast or auto parts store stuff. I buy them because they seem quality and I like the rewards program. Judge if you want but it’s good stuff. If it wasn’t good I wouldn’t buy it. I trust it at home and work. I’ve been using my chrome 21mm 3/8 drive on an impact the last week there isn’t a mark on it that shows it being on the impact. I figured I’d put it to the test and if it does break try out the warranty.

Also have two new impact adapters on the way from Capri tools that I snapped today. Had a Sienna (out of all vehicles to have aftermarket wheels lol) that I had to use a chrome 3/8 and the impact adapters on so I could use my 1/2 gun. Not even the thin impact sockets would fit. Well snapped both adapters and the wheel didn’t come off either. We told them to go back to Valvoline where the rotate was done and get them to deal with it. So Capri is happily sending me two new ones. No questions asked just said they had them in the mail already. That’s the kind of service I like. Bad part is now I’m not going to have a 1/2 to 3/8 impact adapter till probably at least Monday or Tuesday but that’s ok. It would be the same wait with the tool trucks as none of my dealers would go out of the way for something small like that. I’m happy with the service I’ve received from Capri and happy with the tools I got. And of course they will be posted when they arrive.

......Had a Sienna (out of all vehicles to have aftermarket wheels lol) that I had to use a chrome 3/8 and the impact adapters on so I could use my 1/2 gun. Not even the thin impact sockets would fit. Well snapped both adapters and the wheel didn’t come off either.....
I wonder if Project Farm ever tested 1/2- to-3/8 impact adapters? IIRC, he broke several of them when testing the maximum torque of 3/8" drive hex bit sockets using a breaker bar.

I wonder if Project Farm ever tested 1/2- to-3/8 impact adapters? IIRC, he broke several of them when testing the maximum torque of 3/8" drive hex bit sockets using a breaker bar.
I believe he did something like that at one point. I don’t have any extra impact ones to last me till I get the replacements in so I’m going to Auto Zone tomorrow during lunch and picking up either one or a whole set depending on price. They are gonna love me I keep giving them all this tool business lol 😂. I’m bringing three chrome ones and we will see if they make it to lunch haha.

Also have two new impact adapters on the way from Capri tools that I snapped today. Had a Sienna (out of all vehicles to have aftermarket wheels lol) that I had to use a chrome 3/8 and the impact adapters on so I could use my 1/2 gun. Not even the thin impact sockets would fit. Well snapped both adapters and the wheel didn’t come off either. We told them to go back to Valvoline where the rotate was done and get them to deal with it. So Capri is happily sending me two new ones. No questions asked just said they had them in the mail already. That’s the kind of service I like. Bad part is now I’m not going to have a 1/2 to 3/8 impact adapter till probably at least Monday or Tuesday but that’s ok. It would be the same wait with the tool trucks as none of my dealers would go out of the way for something small like that. I’m happy with the service I’ve received from Capri and happy with the tools I got. And of course they will be posted when they arrive.
You don’t own a high-power 3/8 gun?

Not yet. Asking for one for my birthday so we will see if I get it. :) . Been wanting one for awhile just don’t have the money to buy it straight out and don’t want to pay premium for Milwaukee on the tool trucks.
I don't own one either or a cordless ratchet, I had them at one time but up here they didn't get much use. The 1/2 small guns works just as well.

I don't own one either or a cordless ratchet, I had them at one time but up here they didn't get much use. The 1/2 small guns works just as well.
They come in handy. For speed, it is sometimes faster to have both - one gun with a larger size socket and another with a smaller size socket on there. Saves you time from swapping sockets when seconds count. Plus the 3/8 guns are often a hair smaller.

I have a "so yesterday" 2754 3/8" gun. It's great for topside engine work but the form factor is inferior to today's offerings.

I'd rather have the M12 stubby in 3/8" or the 2960 is not much bigger than my 2754 but WAY more powerful. Of course, neither existed when I bought my 2754

437E71D3-74D0-40F7-A61A-4CDC7DA680FF.jpeg
984FD813-130E-4A49-A4DA-3CA309A25DC5.jpeg
0095D7BC-8F22-4831-8C09-9050A1350E9F.jpeg
08599734-4B53-4B0B-8BA9-7E1F7DB20A18.jpeg

Some new tools today. First up warranty replacement impact adapters from Capri Tools. Had two of them fail. They had them in the mail same day and they arrived in the mailbox today. That was Thursday afternoon that I contacted them. Can’t beat that short of a wait especially coming from the other side of the United States. Then an SAE 3/8 socket tray have crap loads of sockets in general and majority of them are SAE which I do still use. Just trying to get all 2,000+ sockets on trays and rails. That way it’s easier to keep track of everything and inventory it all. Then also picked up three sockets two to complete some sets and the 10mm just because it was the last one lol. We were at the Rural King in Martinsville Virginia today. I requested we go on a ride as this week was long for me so we ended up close to the NC border. We didn’t cross it but I was hoping we would. Dad promised me we would go to Jack in the Box today it was only about an hour and a half from where we were. I love Jack in the Box. So since he didn’t want to go that far I told him okay well I have to go to at least one auto parts store down here preferably Auto Zone so we found a pretty large Auto Zone and stopped at it. Manager was nice and helpful and they had some nice workers in general. Definitely more of a southern feel there than the ones where I’m at. While I was there picked up more adapters which I can’t seem to stop breaking lol. And an old stock 1 inch 6 point socket in 1/2 drive. Blue stripe drives me crazy as blue should be metric but oh well lol. This one is made in Taiwan like all their stuff used to be. I also got dad some grease for his truck while we were there. That’s the biggest Auto Zone I’ve ever seen or been in. Lots of interesting stuff.

Back