New tool thread

View attachment 140085
Snap-On 207IPSFM 3/8” semi-deep impact swivels. Thank you @clinebarger for making me aware of these.

Paid $235 off eBay. They are supposedly new but the internals of the 15MM was coated with some brown gunk (consistency similar to mud) that was somewhat easily wiped off. Strange. I wonder if it was excess shipping oil?

I also sprayed the swivel joints with Super Lube. But did not notice any improvement.
I tempted to grab a set! All I see is the deep version set at the moment.

I wanted a set of these and not break the bank, I got a good deal on Ebay. Proto Blackhawk 3/8" Impact Universal Swivel Flex Socket Set Metric 12 piece- (U-1512MS)​

1676297185366.jpg

Gotta be a perissions thing. I see the pic in your reply. It's an AirLift radiator vacuum filler.
I just loaded it again right off my cell phone. Can you see it now?
View attachment 140373
The Tundra 4.7 is super easy to replace coolant on. The engine block drains even have fittings to attach clear tubing to drain the coolant without a mess. One of the cleanest and easiest that I have ever done.

Set of Mayhew brass drifts, My old ones are getting too short from reshaping the ends over & over.

Mitutoyo magnetic base & indicator kits, Bought 2 sets, New.....But old stock from a local distributer reducing his inventory. Soon as he finds the Mitutoyo bore gauges he thinks he has....Buying those as well.

Got some Dial Indicator holders (2) for my Tool Post on Ebay, First impressions are good & has a nice tight fit with post released, Tried different Indicators & they all fit well.

bc59wXX.jpg

IFQUCsn.jpg

o3uo1vw.jpg

yqWgyO4.jpg

fo6BWq8.jpg

Set of Mayhew brass drifts, My old ones are getting too short from reshaping the ends over & over.

Mitutoyo magnetic base & indicator kits, Bought 2 sets, New.....But old stock from a local distributer reducing his inventory. Soon as he finds the Mitutoyo bore gauges he thinks he has....Buying those as well.

Got some Dial Indicator holders (2) for my Tool Post on Ebay, First impressions are good & has a nice tight fit with post released, Tried different Indicators & they all fit well.

bc59wXX.jpg

IFQUCsn.jpg

o3uo1vw.jpg

yqWgyO4.jpg

fo6BWq8.jpg

The TP DI mount is slick - not around when I ran lathes … But that’s long ago …

bc59wXX.jpg

IFQUCsn.jpg

o3uo1vw.jpg

yqWgyO4.jpg

fo6BWq8.jpg
Get the single arm, central knob indicator holders (ala NOGA) and you'll likely never use the old clunky setups again. I know I haven't touched one since I got my NOGAs long ago

Get the single arm, central knob indicator holders (ala NOGA) and you'll likely never use the old clunky setups again. I know I haven't touched one since I got my NOGAs long ago

I need to start ignoring your posts :ROFLMAO:......I got the 2 sets mainly for the Indicators as they were a really good price. A direct mount Collet Chuck will be my next purchase.

What's your opinion on Bison Chucks?

I need to start ignoring your posts :ROFLMAO:......I got the 2 sets mainly for the Indicators as they were a really good price. A direct mount Collet Chuck will be my next purchase.

What's your opinion on Bison Chucks?
Bison seems nice enough. I think my 4 jaw is a Bison. I honestly don't know if their 3 jaws can be indicated/adjusted like Buck?

Ordered a new parts washer today & also sold my old trusty '98 model ATEC as the steel in the water reservoir was starting to get thin. The previous owner neglected it pretty bad from not running the correct detergent to protect the steel.
It sold within 2 hours of my wife posting it on Facebook, Got back what I have in the machine ($2,000) along with 3 years of hard constant use which more than paid for the machine.

New one is a Insta-Clean model# IC-7, It can allegedly wash a heavily soiled transmission case in 15 minutes @ 150°. With my old washer sometimes over 2 hours was normal with periodic touch-ups with a wire brush & sctochbite pad @ 160°-175°.
If this machine can thoroughly clean one in 45 minutes I would be ecstatic!!

This was a tough decision to make & spent a couple months researching different parts washers. It came down to a Stainless Steel Ranger/Bendpak RS-500DS or the Insta-Clean IC-7. The Ranger is a carbon copy of my old ATEC except for being stainless.....I know how they clean & I can't justify $10,000 for that kind of performance.

Unfortunately......It's gong to take @10 weeks for it to get built. Didn't expect my old machine to sell that fast if at all as I disclosed the rust issue, I have a colleague that'll let me use his IF he's not using it.

This video help me make the decision.....

Here's my old ATEC (When I first got it)......
FaY62KW.jpg

Gfdwg52.jpg

Finally got my new machine, Took a little longer than 10 weeks but I made due, I'll get it set-up this weekend.

ygvoJka.jpg

Back