New tool thread

Barely used tool day!

83837B89-E4F6-45A2-9615-11426039C87E.jpeg
ACB74641-27AE-4939-83CC-A9E58E9158B7.jpeg
1941EE48-656B-4566-9E47-6CE9996D3DCC.jpeg
E1C31953-A718-4D40-A72E-DBEB8C52490C.jpeg

Those snap on ratcheting screwdrivers are my favorite. I prefer the soft grip but the deal was right. There’s barely a bit of a grease stain on the handle, no other real signs of use. Still had the box!

Barely used tool day!

View attachment 137617View attachment 137618View attachment 137619View attachment 137620

Those snap on ratcheting screwdrivers are my favorite. I prefer the soft grip but the deal was right. There’s barely a bit of a grease stain on the handle, no other real signs of use. Still had the box!
You're going to like those pliers. Also check out the LN47ACF if you don't have them. They also came out with a smaller version, I haven't seen them yet but they're high on my wish list.

I ordered this today on Amazon to go with my cable and Knipex hose clamp pliers. I think it will come in handy in some situations.

Hose Remover Plier Fit for Fuel Line, Universal Hose Clamp Plier Metal Multi Directional Automotive Repair Plier. Aramoxnvmu067rby6328

51PWO4kMr-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

No, this particular pair of needle nose pliers was something I wanted, not offered anywhere else, and I went for it.
You mean the slip joint nose pliers? They're quite popular and often on backorder. Guys like them for their long handles and the slip joint for grabbing thicker objects.

LN47ACF

Last edited:
You mean the slip joint nose pliers? They're quite popular and often on backorder. Guys like them for their long handles and the slip joint for grabbing thicker objects.

LN47ACF
Those are them, often referred to as slip joint long nose or slip joint needle nose. SO has a winner in them imo, and the smaller version looks good too.

I ordered this today on Amazon to go with my cable and Knipex hose clamp pliers. I think it will come in handy in some situations.

Hose Remover Plier Fit for Fuel Line, Universal Hose Clamp Plier Metal Multi Directional Automotive Repair Plier. Aramoxnvmu067rby6328

51PWO4kMr-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Nice! I had no idea those (still) existed. They look like a replacement for the now-discontinued Channelock 558. I never understood why Channelock stopped making them....?

LN47ACF
If you order the LN47ACF off of the Snap On website, they are almost $100 after shipping and taxes. I don't have access to a Snap On truck so I bought mine off of the website. Not sure they are worth that but I wanted to try them out and at the time Ebay was higher than that.

If you order the LN47ACF off of the Snap On website, they are almost $100 after shipping and taxes. I don't have access to a Snap On truck so I bought mine off of the website. Not sure they are worth that but I wanted to try them out and at the time Ebay was higher than that.
Yep, SnapOn's about-face on shipping charges has apparently allowed ebay sellers to jack prices accordingly. Now the best deal is to track down a truck unless the purchase exceeds their threshold for free shipping

Reactions: wtd
Astro On-Car FWD wheel bearing press
Astro Subaru Ball Joint Tool
OTC 5950S 4-in-1 wire tool
Toyota Wheel Bearing Lock Ring Pliers
Yoolon Hub Removal Bolt Kit
Matco Universal Impact Driver Torx Extension Set

View attachment 136941
Here is a close-up of the Matco kit:

View attachment 136942
View attachment 136943
This is a unique tool - haven’t found anyone else who makes an identical product.
These work great for accessing the T40 fasteners on some ZF 8HP pans.

4258FB01-3760-4420-8A2E-20C735FCAD37.jpeg
AEEAFEFC-5569-42A6-8B1E-6BF9FAE805F2.jpeg

Back