New tool thread

0F7BE2CA-7CDB-4D57-8C31-B1DB338A71EE.jpeg
C30A31C1-FB2C-4CFF-8DB8-EAF3CAAF45C7.jpeg
93F8F3E8-6C7F-4002-96CD-B44EC4CFEEC6.jpeg
8556FF31-62A8-4825-AB42-8669E4625249.jpeg
C5EA79B6-488A-40CD-847E-9FB9679B9C23.jpeg

Some new to me tools you could say lol. From the pawn shop for $75. A almost complete set of Snap-on wrenches SAE. I already have a metric set. I have a lot of the SAE but heck they know me here at the pawn shop they had $95 on the regular wrenches and ratchet wrenches he said just give me $75 for everything and Merry Christmas. The ratcheting wrenches are Blue Point which they weren’t a need but certainly a want. The Hitachi box was just filled with sockets some Craftsman USA and Popular Mechanics. Then just some miscellaneous stuff I picked out. You may think it’s funny I buy a lot of SAE stuff but I have an all SAE semi truck and many old cars to work on lol.

View attachment 129128View attachment 129129View attachment 129130View attachment 129131View attachment 129132
Some new to me tools you could say lol. From the pawn shop for $75. A almost complete set of Snap-on wrenches SAE. I already have a metric set. I have a lot of the SAE but heck they know me here at the pawn shop they had $95 on the regular wrenches and ratchet wrenches he said just give me $75 for everything and Merry Christmas. The ratcheting wrenches are Blue Point which they weren’t a need but certainly a want. The Hitachi box was just filled with sockets some Craftsman USA and Popular Mechanics. Then just some miscellaneous stuff I picked out. You may think it’s funny I buy a lot of SAE stuff but I have an all SAE semi truck and many old cars to work on lol.
I've got some of those BP/Williams ratcheting wrenches. They're kinda nice and simultaneously kinda crude....I can't explain it. That said, they should serve you well.

I'm personally not sure how people get by without fractional tools. Just yesterday I had to clean all 4 battery terminals on a 6.7 Cummins. At least in '08 terminals still used a 1/2" wrench. Sure, ok you can use a 13mm. But I had to knock out each bolt/stud and run a 5/16-18 die over them and a 5/16-18 tap through every nut.

Gearwrench M12x1.50 tap (Amazon Warehouse Deals)

Pack of 3M 3" cutting wheels (AWD)

VIM RLR6 3/8" locking roto head ratchet. I was getting one as a gift for a friend and decided to implement the First Rule in Government: Why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price??
20221203_162921.jpg

Acquired this little metal ~15"x5" Williams tool "Box"; a few cheap HF plastic rails; OEM magnetic holder for the most used sockets. Some Amazon labels and double-sided tape.
Consolidation of all my 1/4" drive stuff into an organized, portable kit. (Williams driver, extensions and metric sockets. Tekton bits. Icon SAE sockets, plus a few SK pieces. Satisfied with the end result and have room to grow. Eliminating the blow-mold boxes and misc. holders cut footprint by ~ 1/2.
tempImageK7RKRo.jpg

tempImageMbND3G.jpg

tempImagex9Dihl.jpg

I've wanted Tekton's US made 30/60 angle wrenches since they came out but can never justify it.

I opted to put them on my Amazon wish list for Christmas instead LOL. We'll see....
Be careful, you might end up with those wrenches. FTR I have them, I pondered getting them for a while, I went for it. I haven't used them much, [what I used it for is slipping my mind at the moment] but when I used them I was glad I had them! My recommendation: GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! ;)

D3F42096-8E46-474B-A62B-ADF968135685.jpeg
ADC80868-D3E8-4FC2-AF3B-C983B550A9B9.jpeg
A13AB59B-B4B3-4619-8BE9-2E21ECADA21C.jpeg
F1C9113B-D5AE-489F-ACC8-52D09520691E.jpeg
F48A5E88-86E7-45BD-975C-D17081FDCE54.jpeg

Some new Matco stuff today. Had to spend $100 to win a Christmas ornament which you crush and it has a prize inside. Mine had the shirt voucher in it. I didn’t have to spend the money but figured heck it’s Christmas lol. That’s the most spendy time of year for me haha. The battery carrier will save me from having to carry the heavy batteries across the shop. The socks I’m giving 2-4 pairs away to my friend for Christmas as his Matco dealer went out and these are his favorite socks. The rest I’ll keep for myself. Then some jerky and beef sticks. And lastly a small scraper just because I like them lol. And the T40 security torx because I need that size for the brand new TRD Tundra oil changes I didn’t have one yet. I had some universal joint torx plus with the security but they don’t work for regular torx fasteners. Kind of ridiculous they changed the fasteners for those big heavy plates on the bottom back of the plate lol. Hopefully I won’t need that once I go back to our Subaru side lol. I will get a whole set if I do end up needing more. Just hate borrowing stuff so went ahead and bought it because I needed it yesterday and didn’t have it. Now I know everyone else will borrow it from me but oh well I’m used to it by now haha. I don’t care that the ones here now use it I eliminated all the problems with the other tool borrowers.

^^^^does it somehow maybe protect a cat or something?

Although were cat thieves readily running around with standard Torx bits in the first place??

Back