New tool thread

For me, I am just looking for an inexpensive option to use semi-frequently being it's not for work, but I tend to do a lot of work where they are convenient. It's probably just as well I not overspend, and you all know having a little extra cushion in the bank is a luxury not always easy to come by too...at the risk of using cheap tools...

Here's the latest (barring tomorrow's check of the pawn inventory...) the pruning saw, price reduced from $89 to $45, the box say's 'no oil required' and it'll probably get little use but I couldn't pass on the value with the battery and charger too.
20220628_201425.jpg

Shame about Metabo, they really were one of the best years ago, very good balanced motors, German made,

First, a short history lesson.

Hitachi Power Tools acquired Metabo in 2015.

KKR, an investment firm, purchased Hitachi Power Tools and Metabo in 2017.

Hitachi Power Tools changed their name to Metabo HPT in 2018. After this happened, Metabo issued a statement saying this doesn’t affect them at all.

So, Hitachi Power Tools has been Metabo HPT for nearly 4 years now.

Metabo HPT and Metabo cordless power tools are NOT compatible with each other – they both have completely different battery systems.

Is Metabo HPT a “lower grade tool?” Absolutely not, and a distributor should know that.

Like most professional tools brands, such as Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, and Milwaukee, Metabo HPT has different tiers of tools, ranging from entry-priced to premium.

Metabo specializes in metalworking tools and grinders. Metabo HPT has incredibly popular air nailers.

There are great distinctions between the two companies, and few similarities aside from the now-shared name,

It is admittedly confusing for two completely separate brands to share the Metabo name in this way, and it seems that this leads some users – or dealers apparently – to create their own often inaccurate explanations.

35B66677-3F09-46CA-997B-2C1DD3A780CE.jpeg

Matco Wednesday today. Got some long bent and straight pliers. I needed them several times today for those annoying hose clamps. I’ll buy the tool for those soon. I personally like them my coworkers said they didn’t care much for the handles. That’s understandable but I do like the feel. I had the straight set already in the box from Snap-on so these will all go in the cart. Pretty nice pliers I think. Made in Taiwan but that doesn’t really matter to me they are well made. I really hope they don’t run this guy off the management went on there several times today complaining that the hourly guys are staying on too long. I’m hourly they didn’t say a word to me but they did the lube techs haha. He stays at our shop all day on Wednesday.

I know they are not fancy or high end... But considering we are deployed in the middle of nowhere happy to have these items in our hands just this week. Things like this, no matter how seemingly small or basic have to be ordered thru channels and can take months to come it. (FWIW: All MIA)
- Vaco "Bull Driver" (?) #3 phillips
- PROTO spanner
- Cresent adjustable

tempImageAfEwax.jpg

tempImagerPHS7C.jpg

Olsa Tools
6.5”, 9.5”, 12 inch Tongue and Groove Pliers
Magnetic Spray Can holder

The spray can holder is nifty. Super strong magnets hold it to the back of my tool cart.

The pliers are far superior my old Husky’s.

Attachments

• 809CD72A-F093-4CAE-8D21-F1105E213767.jpeg
    809CD72A-F093-4CAE-8D21-F1105E213767.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 14
  • F548E4D9-E4E6-4C30-9D15-2BF31ECFF990.jpeg
    F548E4D9-E4E6-4C30-9D15-2BF31ECFF990.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 14
Won’t be in for a while but acme tool had the Dewalt xr bandsaw for around $260. Came with a free 4ah battery too. Amazon was $15 more for tool only.

I know they are not fancy or high end... But considering we are deployed in the middle of nowhere happy to have these items in our hands just this week. Things like this, no matter how seemingly small or basic have to be ordered thru channels and can take months to come it. (FWIW: All MIA)
- Vaco "Bull Driver" (?) #3 phillips
- PROTO spanner
- Cresent adjustable

View attachment 105932
View attachment 105931
That screwdriver has been sitting in a warehouse for a while. I think Klein dropped the Vaco name over 10 years ago.

I believe EZ-Red is/was? the original manufacturer, They are nice wrenches & honestly didn't know HF/Icon was selling it's own branded version.

They will eventually start slipping/auto reversing if used hard, And the Spline Drive likes to get stuck on 6-point fasteners making the reversible feature mandatory.

Speaking of the reversible feature, The slide switch can get in the way in tight spaces.

I'll probably buy a Icon set because I like the offset head which has saved my bacon a few times.

Back