New tool thread

...and when your pretty orange box has grease smeared on it, you will wish it was black!
:LOL:
It is a nice box, though.
Haha like my box does. I try and wipe it off everyday. Someone told me the colors on these were slightly different than the ones on the boxes. I’m not sure if it’s true or not it probably just looks different with the black trim. I just am glad the other Harbor Freight had the orange and they had an orange one on display had I known I’d have driven over there and looked at it cause the only one mine had on display was the black.

Buy Trusty-Cook dead blow hammers, they are the best and not that expensive. This one is one of the most useful hammers I have owned and wouldn't be without it. IIRC Snap on and other big names rebrand them and ups the price.

A few others you may want to consider.

Thanks Trav. The dealer said they make their hammers in house now they stopped being Trusty Cook last year or the year before I think he said. But still they are nice hammers here. I’ve got someone who has a bunch of them at my shop. Love the blue color they offer too. I’ll definitely look at them. And USA made too even better. I’m glad there is alternative especially for the piston hammer which doesn’t get a ton of use by me but I have used them before when needed. I always tear up dead blows so hopefully they have a good warranty 🙂.

They call them piston hammers but I find them useful for all sorts of things eg reaching down to give a starter a bump where using 2 hands for a hammer and big brass punch is a bit difficult. I just used one for gently bumping a rear quarter panel from inside while reaching over it from the side while holding a dolly on the outside, all sorts of stuff.
Trusty Cook invented the dead blow hammer.

I’m a fan of channellock, knipex, Klein, proto for pliers but I didn’t want to spend that kind of money for a set of long reach and a set of minis since I barely use either.

So I picked up the Sunex long reach set with the hose pliers and a set of the Tekton mini pliers.

The hose pliers seem like a great idea and the set seems ok for the price.

I like everything about the Tekton’s except that the handles are very smooth and slippery even without dirty hands. I wonder if I could add something to them…

Attachments

• EC36ED55-05C9-4420-B774-9E78CF746963.jpeg
    EC36ED55-05C9-4420-B774-9E78CF746963.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 21
  • AE048E32-343C-47C5-85AC-C262669184AE.jpeg
    AE048E32-343C-47C5-85AC-C262669184AE.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 21
Buy Trusty-Cook dead blow hammers, they are the best and not that expensive. This one is one of the most useful hammers I have owned and wouldn't be without it. IIRC Snap on and other big names rebrand them and ups the price.

A few others you may want to consider.

Agreed about Trusty Cook. We sell their lathe spindle liners and they're good people to do business with.

82C5E74C-3203-470F-B7F8-650CEDEFEF50.jpeg
26D04B4B-A8A9-4C8C-A85C-D31EFEB5ADEC.png

Bought an 8oz ball peen hammer today. It was $8.99 with my moms military discount. I needed the 8oz to complete my set now I just need a 12oz ball peen which I’ll get eventually it’s not a total need right now though it would come in handy. Appears pretty well made. Says made in Vietnam I figured it would of been China but either way feels quality to me.

Then I ordered this ratchet as well. Wanted to get it at the store but they were completely sold out at both locations here. I read all reviews and asked people who had it and they all liked it so I went ahead and got it. Was looking for more M18 batteries for my gun but they were all out and we missed all the really good deals because I had to work. I will post real life pictures of the ratchet when it arrives I am super excited. Says it will be here by December 3rd. Had to order tonight to get the discount price I think so I did. I love Black Friday deals.

Went new tool shopping at the grocery store LIDL... not really but while picking up a few items at LIDL yesterday came across a 12v pump.

At $10, could not pass it by. What I liked best was the hoses that came with the pump.

LIDL actually has a handful of lower priced battery power tools for sale from time to time. I would never buy them simply because I sense the batteries are of poor quality, and replacing them might be mission impossible.
PXL_20211127_101846932.jpg

You're not the only one...

Just bought them. $128 including shipping. Direct from Kyoto tool. I don't really trust the Amazon and eBay resellers...
Just purchased also. $128.90 USD. Checked AMZON, no availability. Ebay lowest price with shipping about $170 USD.

View attachment 79197View attachment 79201
Bought an 8oz ball peen hammer today. It was $8.99 with my moms military discount. I needed the 8oz to complete my set now I just need a 12oz ball peen which I’ll get eventually it’s not a total need right now though it would come in handy. Appears pretty well made. Says made in Vietnam I figured it would of been China but either way feels quality to me.

Then I ordered this ratchet as well. Wanted to get it at the store but they were completely sold out at both locations here. I read all reviews and asked people who had it and they all liked it so I went ahead and got it. Was looking for more M18 batteries for my gun but they were all out and we missed all the really good deals because I had to work. I will post real life pictures of the ratchet when it arrives I am super excited. Says it will be here by December 3rd. Had to order tonight to get the discount price I think so I did. I love Black Friday deals.
I just did some checking and these and other dead blows are also Trusty-Cook at a lower price. Still have not found the Green ones.

I just did some checking and these and other dead blows are also Trusty-Cook at a lower price. Still have not found the Green ones.

Thanks for posting these hammers, and also a vendor with a lower price. These hammers are quite pricey for a hammer. I am hoping to get one or more.

A full set of DeWalt screwdrivers for the SIL for Christmas 'cause I'm tired of his two cheap ones that don't fit anything.

And for myself; a new Mercedes Timing Chain Rivet Tool. Somebody borrowed my old one years ago and never gave it back. Prepping to do the OM642 chain in the Spring.

Don't loan tools!

C411064E-1C4D-468F-B601-7B4A8E1A0470.jpeg
D936131C-D324-4EA6-AA43-63604AC6EE8A.jpeg
F22A23C4-9B87-4E0D-964E-6D54DB14AAE4.jpeg
0DCCA010-073C-4B32-98C8-D15355CC1EBD.jpeg

Got my cart unloaded today. Love it. It looks to be a slight different shade of orange but maybe it’s just the black trim that makes it look different. It’s the same depth as my box 22 inches. 10 inches shorter than the bottom piece of mine. It’s a beast to push around but very well built you can tell. Haven’t loaded it up yet still planning the layout. Need to get some plier racks. What does everyone recommend for those? I’ve looked at the wire style type ones and the magnetic plastic ones. I’ve never used plier racks before so I’d like some opinions on that. The second drawer will most likely be the plier drawer and the first is wrench’s and the top sockets. Not sure on the other drawers yet. And unlike all the reviews say my 36inch pry bar actually fits and you can close the lid. I’m really going to be happy with this. My coworker Batman (nickname, everyone in the shop has one, lol) helped me unload it well actually he unloaded it for me haha. I turned around to put the ratchet away after putting the wheels on and turn back around and he has it down and rolling it towards me lol. The handle is held on by four T40 torx screws.

Back