New tool thread

Purchased this in October 2020, OEMTOOLS 24389 Manual Fluid Extractor ($84CDN) with 24446 Brake Bleeder Adapter Hose. Cant wait to use it in the spring when my most of my fluids in the subaru is due.

Attachments

• 81zRH3zaJeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81zRH3zaJeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 81258j3YrjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81258j3YrjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 44913
6mm Allen socket need for the beetle. Rural King is closing out all of their Dewalt hand tools. They had many more but this was all I needed because the others I needed were already sold out. Made in Taiwan. I’m curious as to what will be taking their place at Rural King my guess is Milwaukee hand tools since they had a bunch of Milwaukee already on the shelf that they didn’t have last time and had boxes of the Milwaukee stuff sitting around. I do hope they keep the individual sockets and bits though.
If the project farm videos are any reference, the dewalt bits are usually pretty good. Owned by stanley though, they could be the same thing in some cases.

View attachment 47256View attachment 47257View attachment 47258View attachment 47259
Something I’ve wanted for a long time and finally got it. 🙂. I paid for it and my dad bought me the two year warranty that covers everything even accidental damage for an extra $20. Boy am I excited to use this. Now I don’t have to borrow one each time. Couldn’t use my Inside Track Club member coupon because it was already knocked down on price from $129.99 to $89.99 ITC price. So I used my coupon on Super Lube for my old toolbox and ratchets.
How do you like it, I try one at the store and it seem a bit heavier and big for tight places.

How do you like it, I try one at the store and it seem a bit heavier and big for tight places.
So far excellent. Yes it is a little heavy. Weighs more than most brands do but actually the head is smaller than most. It was recommended and I liked it so I paid the $89.99 for it and it even comes charged a bit I used it this morning to remove some bolts and it’s actually really powerful.

If the project farm videos are any reference, the dewalt bits are usually pretty good. Owned by stanley though, they could be the same thing in some cases.
Yeah I like his videos for the most part. I figured they were probably Stanley. They are made in Taiwan though so that’s a plus.

So far excellent. Yes it is a little heavy. Weighs more than most brands do but actually the head is smaller than most. It was recommended and I liked it so I paid the $89.99 for it and it even comes charged a bit I used it this morning to remove some bolts and it’s actually really powerful.
Thanks for the info

Hey guys I am looking at DIY changing 1 front wheel bearing that is already stuck, I cant rotate the wheel. Will a 5lb slide puller be effective? Or buy a 10lb slide puller? It's a 98 impreza if it matters.

Edit: this is what I'm looking at.

Orion slide hammer puller

Hey guys I am looking at DIY changing 1 front wheel bearing that is already stuck, I cant rotate the wheel. Will a 5lb slide puller be effective? Or buy a 10lb slide puller? It's a 98 impreza if it matters.

Borrow one from Advance, AZ, or O'reilly's unless you plan to use it often.

Edit: I see that you are in Canada...not sure which stores there offer loaner tools.

If it's like the saturns i've done, you need a press.
If the bearings are really overheated, they are difficult to press out. I did it with a 12 ton press, barely. I should have bought the 20 ton.

I think a slide hammer is going to be tough to get them out with, plus you need to get the new ones back in, without hammering the center section.

I've done several saturns and its easier to take the hub off and press them out. See if a local machine shop will press the old ones out and the new ones in for you.

Buy the best bearings you can get, since its a pain in the rear labor wise.

( i put my new bearings in the deep freezer overnight, makes them easier to press in)

What part of this job do you want to use a slide hammer on? The easiest way is to remove the knuckle and press it out and press the new one in along with the hub or take it to someone with a press and let them do for you.
Where you may run into a problem on something this age is the cv spines may be rusted in the hub and difficult to push inwards, in that case this tool can be very handy.

Back