New tool thread

4243A5FE-C63C-43B8-8950-BFCA2845100C.jpeg

Probably shouldn’t have but I did…. Lol. I am really impressed with it though it’s very powerful and light. I got it for a good price. Not full retail. I’m also happy because I lost my power blue screwdriver so he called Snap-on and had them immediately ship another one and he is giving it to me free even though lost tools aren’t covered. I left my screwdriver in the car that I got the Oklahoma license plate from. I had sat it down in the floorboard to check the cabin filter and forgot it. It happens though I’m just happy to get a $30 something dollar screwdriver for nothing haha. I also got some beef jerky free as well. Believe me i would never pay full retail for one of their impacts. This is the 3/8. I was going to get an Aircat but I’m happy with this one as well. I passed it around and it gets approval by all my coworkers too haha. Wish it was a different color than red though but it is a nice treat to myself. Better than green that’s for sure. I’ve been wanting a 3/8 impact for awhile. I’ll be asking for a Milwaukee for my birthday probably. Don’t give me too much heat like I said I didn’t pay full price for it and never would.

View attachment 141792
Probably shouldn’t have but I did…. Lol. I am really impressed with it though it’s very powerful and light. I got it for a good price. Not full retail. I’m also happy because I lost my power blue screwdriver so he called Snap-on and had them immediately ship another one and he is giving it to me free even though lost tools aren’t covered. I left my screwdriver in the car that I got the Oklahoma license plate from. I had sat it down in the floorboard to check the cabin filter and forgot it. It happens though I’m just happy to get a $30 something dollar screwdriver for nothing haha. I also got some beef jerky free as well. Believe me i would never pay full retail for one of their impacts. This is the 3/8. I was going to get an Aircat but I’m happy with this one as well. I passed it around and it gets approval by all my coworkers too haha. Wish it was a different color than red though but it is a nice treat to myself. Better than green that’s for sure. I’ve been wanting a 3/8 impact for awhile. I’ll be asking for a Milwaukee for my birthday probably. Don’t give me too much heat like I said I didn’t pay full price for it and never would.
I'll bet that's the last air impact you ever buy. My local Indy shop Is selling their humugus IR air compressor (2 stage, 3 phase, 200 gallon) because no one uses it. Cordless has taken over. Bet they have trouble getting a good price for it. Maybe a body shop would want it. But 3 phase??

I'll bet that's the last air impact you ever buy. My local Indy shop Is selling their humugus IR air compressor (2 stage, 3 phase, 200 gallon) because no one uses it. Cordless has taken over. Bet they have trouble getting a good price for it. Maybe a body shop would want it. But 3 phase??
You still need air to run a Shop!

1543F818-265E-440A-BA26-AD2EFFF9E908.jpeg

212FSMSY - 3/8” semi-deep metric chrome sockets. Purchased off eBay for a supposedly good price.

Rumor from two different vendors is that these are going up in price. My SO guy who normally gives me a pretty good cash discount, also would not discount these very much. Anyone know what’s up?

Last edited:
View attachment 141932
212FSMSY - 3/8” semi-deep metric chrome sockets.

Rumor from two different vendors is that these are going up in price. My SO guy who normally gives me a pretty good cash discount, also would not discount these very much. Anyone know what’s up?
If they can sell out at $300 per set, then raise the price to $350 and see what happens?

A6171D37-9F8D-4709-922D-A451C3E4656D.jpeg
D86DF386-E1F3-42FB-8B3B-4F2213F65155.jpeg
B8532DA8-E6FB-40F2-A02D-591EF8A0B64F.jpeg
EAFF63E1-A51F-4924-BB43-B0DCB5B67643.jpeg
AD9588AB-9ABC-443D-A9D7-C1263CFA9480.jpeg

Went to HF to look around. Walked out with tools of course lol. Got some new rubber mallets I needed more for the house all mine are old and falling apart one of them I duck taped back together lol. I use rubber mallets mainly for straightening license plates out but at the house they could get used for anything really. It looked like they were changing the design of the mallets a bit to a more rounder type. These are the old style and don’t look nearly as cheap as those do. The new ones look badly cheap lol. And the head was loose on one. Two new magnetic dishes one of them is the best color which is blue to match my cart at home. I don’t have a blue one at all. I still have to get green now lol. A stubby ball peen hammer for the house. And a clamp which they substituted for the rags that were supposed to be free. I’m getting back into tool buying now I was just buying license plates now I’m buying both haha. Was going to pick up some 3/8 shallow impact sockets but decided I’ll get them somewhere else.

My new addiction is harbor freight. I must stay away from the place!

I will probably go again for the parking lot sale. @AutoMechanic is either buying Snap on or the cheapest harbor freight tool 😛
:ROFLMAO:
I haven’t been to one of their parking lot sales in a long time lol. And yes I use whatever gets the job done that’s at least decent. I don’t care what the name is on it lol. Some tools you can be cheap on others you can’t.

CE8EE1B4-AA48-4153-AE3C-CA96361694BE.jpeg

Another one I got last night. Had to go to Lowe’s to buy some S hooks for my plate collection and remembered I needed this. The reason is my Stanley branded one crapped out on me and broke. I need this at the house primarily for when I change out the license plates on my truck because the screws are T30 and they seized last time. I plan on changing them minimum once a year for the next couple years. I applied anti seize this time. But since the Stanley one broke I wanted to get one to have. I looked online at some of the brands I see here a lot and I’m like man that’s too pricey for me. I was going to get a Capri one but they only have T30 in 1/4 drive. Figure if this one breaks just send them an email. I’m kinda getting back into tool buying. I will continue to buy license plates as well just now tools again too.

..... I need this at the house primarily for when I change out the license plates on my truck because the screws are T30 and they seized last time. I plan on changing them minimum once a year for the next couple years...
You're allowed to change the license plates on a registered vehicle in Virginia every year?

Back