New tires! (Finally...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been dragging it out...but as I put my car away yesterday, I noticed a few cracks in both rear tires. Not bad ones, but I'd rather not take the chance in the spring...

Should be picking up these shortly after christmas...looking for value here...maybe a bit of fun...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/General-Evertrek-RT-Tire-195-70R14-91T/19487833

Best price, should have nylon ply like the Altimax RT, but not sure how they will wear...

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/bfgoodrich-touring-t-a-195-70r14-90t/prod6040025.ip?navAction=push

(my fave) Noisey, but very solid tires. Have a few walmart gift cards....

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Passenger/CS4-Touring-T.aspx

Can get these around 70 bucks as well...good tire too!

Tough choices, though it's hard not to get the Generals...

Loved the CS4 H/V rated tired we had on the car. Also had the T rated on a Grand Prix and they performed very well

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
cooper and yoko are US made. The rest arent. Enough right there.

Every BFG Touring TA's I've owned were made in the US IIRC.

Last edited:

Not sure how stiff those yokos are....most I've seen have that "I look flat" like Kelly tires usually do...

I wouldnt buy a walmart only tire and assume its the same.

I'd go with H rated cs4's.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that looks for "Made in USA". I just bought a set of Hercules tires that proudly display that on the side.

All the 15" sizes cost more!
frown.gif

.. Bridgestone?

I'm a fan of both General and Cooper in general, I think they offer the best bang for buck.

I have to get new all seasons this spring at some point and those 2 tires are both on my list. Another one I thought looked good was the Pirelli P4.

I've had several sets of B F Goodrich Touring T/A's on several of my cars, good tires. The sidewalls of these (and Michelin's) tend to crack more than other tires, but no problems.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

Every BFG Touring TA's I've owned were made in the US IIRC.
+1 The latest versions are Michelins with cosmetic tread pattern changes, made in the BFG facilities Michelin got with the purchase, and pretty good tires for the price. Sam's Cub and Cosco are worth checking out.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I wouldnt buy a walmart only tire and assume its the same.

I'd go with H rated cs4's.

+1

Adding: The Everteck tire (General) is a slightly eco version of the Altimax RT, only sold in Canada. Though one thing I did notice, it is off General's website in canada, so one might assume that is discontinued in canada (hence the cheap price)

Sounds like it might be hard tire to replacement....

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy

Glad to see I'm not the only one that looks for "Made in USA". I just bought a set of Hercules tires that proudly display that on the side.

Hercules are made by Cooper.

I had a thrush aligned at the dealer. At the same time when purchasing cx-4's from Farm and Fleet. With in 10,000 miles the tires started cupping and all I got from the each is finger pointing. Won't use the tires or the dealership anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back