New tea kettle

Anyone have a preferred tea kettle they use?

After 10+ yrs I’m looking to retire my red calphalon kettle it has grown to have an iron smell in the boiling chamber going to look for something with smooth stainless walls. Here’s the I have in mind.

Would you consider an electric kettle? We switched a few years ago from stovetop to electric and I'll never go back to a stovetop kettle. The electric kettle is much faster and doesn't put nearly as much heat into the house in the summer.

I only use cast iron teapots, they seem to brew it right and within the 5-7 min mark, something like this

TOPTIER Japanese Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser

Just pour the boiling water and tea in it, it keeps it hot till brewed.

Would you consider an electric kettle? We switched a few years ago from stovetop to electric and I'll never go back to a stovetop kettle. The electric kettle is much faster and doesn't put nearly as much heat into the house in the summer.
An electric kettle is also more efficient and some have a keep-warm feature that allows the water to be heated to a boil rapidly.

When our kettle died - I came across this. $70 and 2 years later: zero regrets. My parents got one too now. Hot water always on tap, very helpful when guests are over, since there is 5.3L of capacity to play with. Yup 5.3L, it's LS swapped. They do have a smaller 3.6L version. But c'mon, just like with Chevys - the 5.3L is always more superior than a 3.6L.
We drink lots of tea throughout the day, so it gets refilled often. Takes under 10 mins to heat up 5.3L of cold water, assuming you refill when empty. If topping off at 40-50%, then it gets to full temp faster than our kettle ever did.
Water is always hot, and can be unplugged and taken anywhere: park, picnics, basketball games on a cold night. Once unplugged you just pump water manually (see lid), and make lots of people happy with hot chocolate or tea in chilly weather.
7164dvPLkJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71HkBaBNMDL._AC_SX679_.jpg
71vxIrP7ZvL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
After our many years-old ~$30 plastic kettle gave up about a year ago, we bought a Fellow Corvo:

fellow-corvo-ekg-matte-black-electric-kettle-with-walnut-handle.jpg

I could not believe how hard it was to find a kettle with temperature preset which did not beep, and did not have any plastic in contact with the water. Beep when you change the temperature, beep when you start the kettle, beep when it reaches the temp... absolute lunacy. This kettle was the solution. A year on, and I still love it.

I did pick up on a fairly quiet, very high-pitched squeal from the base when it was first received and set up. I couldn't un-hear it. Fellow replaced the base with no headaches, and all has been well since.

After our many years-old ~$30 plastic kettle gave up about a year ago, we bought a Fellow Corvo:

View attachment 190266

I could not believe how hard it was to find a kettle with temperature preset which did not beep, and did not have any plastic in contact with the water. Beep when you change the temperature, beep when you start the kettle, beep when it reaches the temp... absolute lunacy. This kettle was the solution. A year on, and I still love it.

I did pick up on a fairly quiet, very high-pitched squeal from the base when it was first received and set up. I couldn't un-hear it. Fellow replaced the base with no headaches, and all has been well since.
I'm really liking this and they're having a 20% off currently. (y)

I wouldn't be opposed to looking into an electric one, what's one more kitchen gadget lol. What brand are you using?

I've used an electric for the control of temps for different teas (green, oolong, white). Here is the updated version of one I've used for nearly 10 years.

I use a 3qt SS saucepan on the stove along with 3 family sized Luzianne tea bags for iced tea. KISS….. ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 190266

My wife got the Stagg EKG from them. it's a wonderful device.

Last edited:
Interesting information on electric kettles!

But, while I liked the looks and features of the Corvo, I decided the $156 sales price could be better spent elsewhere.

As in twelve quarts of HPL premium plus pcmo and a Wear Check oil analysis kit!

Back