Solar powered WiFi Exterior Camera

Well the camera arrived. Looks well made. I ordered a roof gutter clamp for the solar panel. I'll install it next week and see. If it sucks, it's easy enough to return to Amazon.

He or she was back again last night at 3:49 AM.
I cropped this one to make is easier to see it, its literally 2 feet from our back windows caught on one of the yard cameras.
As posted this is a fun thing for me rather then a crime thing for me. I like to know what lurks around my yard. Sure it would come in handy for a break in but that doesnt exist in our area. (gulp)
View attachment 105063
them sons of beeches eat our flowers, scrubs and veg garden. Giant rodents. Counted 5 in the neighbors yard and totally unafraid of humans

Well I installed the camera yesterday. Placed it under the soffit and looking down at the back door and the stairs that lead up to it.
So far, it's excellent. Ease of connectivity and picture quality are excellent. The functionality of the app is great too. The motion detection field is 16' +- and sensitivity within that range is adjustable via the app.
I'm using a 32 gig SD card which is way more than adequate for my needs and it's easy to format it from the app to clear space or it automatically overwrites existing video data. You can even email or text screenshots from the app and it has a spotlight, siren and intercom capabilities.
So far, an excellent, non-subscription camera setup.
This setup cost $53 from Amazon plus $13 for the roof gutter clamp for the solar panel. . Tough to beat bang for the buck.

Last edited:
I only have experience with ring & wyze they work flawlessly other than the usual hangups which is probably more wifi being the issue than the cams. I would buy a wyze with a solar kit.

I like the Wyze cams. They aren’t that reliable and aren’t claimed to be at the price point. But they generally work for non critical applications.

They’re easy to set up and robust enough.

I’m happy with mine.

Back