Urgent need security camera suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rat407
We have Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Work great and battery life is good.Arlo Pro 2

My parents got some Arlo camera's, and while they're great they did notice a problem with cold weather and battery life. At one point they threw a warning essentially saying they're too cold and need to warm up before activating.

We had a Ring on our first house. Nice wide FOV, loved the motion activated flood light, and that I could "draw" the detection zone so it wouldn't pick up every single car driving down the road.

I have multiple rings around the house inside and out. I fell for the hype and picked up a wyze indoor cam pan to test something new. Unlike the stationary ring the wyze can pan and track movements with its eye. But... it can't see in the dark like the ring can. And it keeps panning to the TV, Christmas tree, fireplace instead of people. So far a bust..

This thread is 1.5 years old but if anyone is reading it for advice on cameras and are handy, its REALLY HARD to beat the cameras from https://www.ezvizlife.com/us/category/security-camera/25
EZVIZ is a subsidiary of one of the worlds largest and most respected (except usa gov) security firms HikVision.

Ive installed and serviced wifi cameras in customers homes for close to a decade. At my own home I use EZVIZ, we used Honeywell and others at work. Have had them up and running for some time now, never an issue with any of the 4 that we have. In fact I just added for fun the new 2k color night vision camera to my Christmas list as a fun side gift thing.

The thing with ezviz, if you are not electronics and wifi smart or if you are a person who needs a lot of handholding for this stuff maybe its not for you.
The process for adding in the EZVIZ cameras are simple as heck, working freaking great but when I see negative reviews, well I can assume these are from people who cant even connect a blue tooth headset to a cell phone *LOL*

If your electronic pose a problem for you, hire an installer or maybe try those battery operated junk from google and the others. I only say junk not in a negative kind of way but we all know, over time, most people wont bother recharging or replacing batteries ect. I know, I was in the business, google and the others knows this too. Heck I serviced security systems too, most people dont turn them on and wait to get broken into before they start using them again. *L*

I currently have in use the C3WN model for the last couple years. Now an older model but a great basic color camera with Black and White Night Vision if your just looking for a simple inexpensive camera as the price is really low now, like $40 .
We also have a C6CN indoor camera that is always off unless we are out and for fun want to check on the dog AND as a standby when out of the house or on vacation IF our security system ever went off we would get notified on our phones and can fire up the camera remotely and see if anyone is in the house, plus of course the exterior would also have video. (again, this is all in fun for me)

If you dont care much about spending a few dollars more check the C3W Pro which is the camera I will be adding to compliment my doorbell camera. If I didnt already have cameras I would be installing this new model instead but the C3WN is an inexpensive way to play around.
Ezviz also constantly updated their app which I think is one of the best AND updates firmware even on their older cameras, its just a matter if clicking in the app when an update is available and its all automatic takes just minute or two.

I do this for fun, I like electronics, its not really necessary where I live but whatever. It most likely makes sure our home is never a victim of anything.
My home is discreetly secured like Fort Knox.

BTW - Im not in anyway saying these are the only cameras to have, I am saying at their price point and also compared to the mass market stuff in Best Buy, Lowes, HomeDepot the EZVIZ are much more professional type of product at a very sweet price point rather then the consumer stuff from chainstores and such. With that said EZVIZ is a consumer item but one that I feel is a step above the others for sure.

Of course you could spend much more, as the post above mine says, depends on your budget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back