Anyone have experience with a 360° Camera? (potential purchase)

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
360 cameras allow you to film video in a spherical view. You can edit the video with multiple angles afterwards.

It appears that the Insta360 X4 is the best consumer grade camera you can get currently. 8K & 5.7k 360 video $499.

I plan on using it in my upcoming trip at various sights in Italy such as the Colosseum, Vatican, Pompeii, museums, etc.
Does anyone have experience with these and what are your thoughts?

Insta360.jpg

I had the old Insta360 like 6 years ago that plugged into the USBC slot on your phone. Insta360 was early into the 360 camera market and they have gotten better. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I was in the market again.

I have a Go-Pro 360° camera. It takes really great pictures. I've posted a bunch of them to Google maps - like this:

My wife was looking at me like, "What in the world is he doing now." She looks at me like that a lot.

The photo globes they make are cool to look at later, but I think you'll find the support and tools for 360° photos and videos are lacking, they seem to have never really caught on. 360° video is a real trip to view, you can get confused pretty easily.

Back