New ST oil coming?

All you gotta do is figure out what other "10000" miles oil is on the market by the maker of ST oil (Warren? ).

most likely no one is going to make a "special" oil just for Wal-Mart ... They probably have that "extended" version selling under a different name like Amazon or Kirkland, etc.

All you gotta do is figure out what other "10000" miles is on the market by the maker of ST oil (Warren? ).

most likely no one is going to make a "special" oil just for Wal-Mart ... They probably have that "extended" version selling under a different name like Amazon or Kirkland, etc.

Why not? If Walmart wants the oil Warren Distribution will oblige.

the advanced is gonna have a “20000” odometer and the revised packaging of the non-syn will have “5000”

guaranteed

I read the 10,000 mile protection. But, it doesn't state for how many oil change intervals. And of course; to follow the OM. Haha! 10,000 is marketing; although many newer models can do just that, but not all. Imagine Hyundai user following Severe Change at 3,750 or something close in miles.

Last edited:
Why not? If Walmart wants the oil Warren Distribution will oblige.

I guess that's a possibility since Wal-Mart sells more than a few cans of oil per day ... I did leave a little room for exceptions by saying most likely. lol

Does Warren have any 10000 miles or extended oil on the market today?

I guess that's a possibility since Wal-Mart sells more than a few cans of oil per day ... I did leave a little room for exceptions by saying most likely. lol

Does Warren have any 10000 miles or extended oil on the market today?
yes they do, super tech, Kirkland and MaG1 Synthetic used in a modern Toyota. The machine determines the oil interval so long as the oil meets the specifications not the other way around.

yes they do, super tech, Kirkland and MaG1 Synthetic used in a modern Toyota. The machine determines the oil interval so long as the oil meets the specifications not the other way around.

However there are extended oils on the market and I assume marketing is always a factor... for example Mobil has the Extended Performance M1 EP with "15000 miles of guaranteed protection" (iirc, used to be 20K in old days) in addition to other Mobil flavors.
I assume the Extended oils may have a higher TBN, maybe lower Noack, etc.

However there are extended oils on the market and I assume marketing is always a factor... for example Mobil has the Extended Performance M1 EP with "15000 miles of guaranteed protection" (iirc, used to be 20K in old days) in addition to other Mobil flavors.
EP is now back to being 20k after they discontinued AP.

The EP’s tend to have a mix of base stocks to form the base oil … and different anti oxidation chemistry
Warren - as an independent could buy base stock from XOM … and chemicals from BASF, Lubrizol, etc
Shell/XOM could as well … but their own JV made VM is a good choice for shear stability …

In the PVL world … mileage is a “claim” … not taken lightly by the R&D teams …

Yes they have premium components and there are many machines that can use premium lubricants to extend service intervals.
If a machine is not suited for the extended interval due to soot, fuel dilution or other factors because of gdi turbo and other desig factors and Must be changed more frequently then the premium oil design and Cost benefits Are not going to be used and that type of machine would benefit most from a more frequent maintenance interval with a specified oil. ( switching to investments, this is analogous to paying a 1% annual mutual fund fee for an index fund when there are many free and low cost index funds available, they will both perform the same so why pay more for the same outcome? One could flip this for actively managed funds That outperform indexes being worth the cost, in this case the machines interval is being extended through analysis and premium product. This allows long term gains in time and or money for the owner.).
sometimes the machine drives this decision Based on its requirements and not the owners.

Yes they have premium components and there are many machines that can use premium lubricants to extend service intervals.
If a machine is not suited for the extended interval due to soot, fuel dilution or other factors because of gdi turbo and other desig factors and Must be changed more frequently then the premium oil design and Cost benefits Are not going to be used and that type of machine would benefit most from a more frequent maintenance interval with a specified oil. ( switching to investments, this is analogous to paying a 1% annual mutual fund fee for an index fund when there are many free and low cost index funds available, they will both perform the same so why pay more for the same outcome? One could flip this for actively managed funds That outperform indexes being worth the cost, in this case the machines interval is being extended through analysis and premium product. This allows long term gains in time and or money for the owner.).
sometimes the machine drives this decision Based on its requirements and not the owners.
The cost of oil is such a small slice of the ownership cost that it is in the noise. Most people on here are not making logical investments, they are OCD and enjoy getting nuts over a topic (me included).

But... if you know of actively managed funds guaranteed to beat the index I'd love to hear about such a product. It is probably as effective as using extended oil drain intervals or UOAs to "save money".

This is just Walmart/Supertech high-mileage, full synthetic with new labeling. Walmart is not going to stock variations of their own high-mileage, synthetic. The old ones (without the 10k miles reference on the label) will go away.
The OP is referring to the new 'Advanced Full Synthetic' category listed on the back label of the oil in the picture.

The cost of oil is such a small slice of the ownership cost that it is in the noise. Most people on here are not making logical investments, they are OCD and enjoy getting nuts over a topic (me included).

But... if you know of actively managed funds guaranteed to beat the index I'd love to hear about such a product. It is probably as effective as using extended oil drain intervals or UOAs to "save money".
There are no guarantees In life. I hedge my bets with funds and managers that have weathered The market for long terms And a mix of index funds And alot of diversification. But I tend to think humans get fortunate while computer controlled index management will score better in the longer run,
with oil you can actively manage or run the index, which is specified oils and manufacturer Recomendations or extended changes with analysis.
This has a lot to do with time, personal interest and personality as anything.

There are no guarantees In life. I hedge my bets with funds and managers that have weathered The market for long terms And a mix of index funds And alot of diversification. But I tend to think humans get fortunate while computer controlled index management will score better in the longer run,
with oil you can actively manage or run the index, which is specified oils and manufacturer Recomendations or extended changes with analysis.
This has a lot to do with time, personal interest and personality as anything.
I only buy indexes so there you go!

Back