New ST oil coming?

Just saw this today browsing the oil aisle at walmart. The 10000 mile text at the top of the label caught my eye, then I check the back of the bottle to find this. Anyone seen this before?

Edit: to clarify what my point was by posting this, was notice the "advanced full synthetic" category on the back label.

Attachments

• IMG_20210210_120511.jpg
    IMG_20210210_120511.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_20210210_120527.jpg
    IMG_20210210_120527.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:
I'm curious about the 'Advanced Full Synthetic' on the back label...
Whoa nice catch, I didn't even notice that... ooooh boy!

Just had a good report with 5w30 full syn hm after 6300 miles and the TBN was 2.5. To get 10K I would think they boosted the add pack just a tad. My oil from that UAO was probably purchased in 2019 so it didn't have that 10K claim on it.

Someone just posted a video about using ST for 200k miles and the engine looked perfect. Every reason to believe this oil would be good, although I wouldn't run oil up to 10k miles.

A premium budget oil? Kind of a strange place in the market to be.

ST synthetic makes total sense but this seems like a stretch. Who will buy it? Someone looking for the cheapest syn buys ST synthetic. Someone looking for perceived longevity buys a big brand name.

ST synthetic makes total sense but this seems like a stretch. Who will buy it? Someone looking for the cheapest syn buys ST synthetic. Someone looking for perceived longevity buys a big brand name.
Maybe trying to separate themselves from Amazon Basics and Kirkland. They already offer ST in HM and MH FS which basics and kirkland do not. I think Basics does Syn Blend HiMi but not FS

That may be but I've seen some ST UOA that would more than suggest it is of the same caliber as many of those name brands. But I'm still waiting for Uncle Luigi's the oil with that great fresh Pizza smell. Only then will you know its the real Luigi's.

Looks like they're pivoting the regular full synthetic to match the "entry level" needs of Mobil Full Synthetic and Pennzoil Black Label and other house brands, and are introducing this upcoming Advanced Full Synthetic to compete more directly against "top shelf" Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic and Pennzoil Platinum?

Looks like they're pivoting the regular full synthetic to match the "entry level" needs of Mobil Full Synthetic and Pennzoil Black Label and other house brands, and are introducing this upcoming Advanced Full Synthetic to compete more directly against "top shelf" Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic and Pennzoil Platinum?
Not sure, their regular synthetic met Dexos certification, which other entry level synthetics don't. Seems odd.

Back