New "Smart" Fridge

GE Appliances makes lower end apartment type dishwasher that literally have 1 spray and a timer dial. They are noisy and don't always do the best or most efficient job cleaning but they never break. Some people have them 25-30 years.

I remember we had one noisy dishwasher when we moved into our new house in Glendale, back in 1997. It was a cheap builder grade, (I forget the brand). That thing was so noisy, we had to turn up the TV in the family room when it was running.

And the rack system was so poorly designed, it was almost impossible to stop the dishes from rattling and banging around inside. Within 6 months the cheap, rubberized, vinyl coating was coming off the racks, and they began to rust.

After only a year we got rid of it and bought the quietest dishwasher we could find. At the time the one that advertised the quietest DB number was Whirlpool. You literally could not hear it running. All polished Stainless Steel inside.

It lasted us until we moved here. And as soon as we did, we went out and bought the exact same model. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth every dime. I'll never own another cheap, noisy dishwasher again.

I have had noisy dishwashers and they never got used. They were not only noisy but did a poor job of washing the dishes and then rinsing the cleaning agents.

So they never broke down because they weren't used..

34432810493.jpg

Back