New Shear Stability test by AMSOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if these "tests" are just another way that Amsoil can justify its high cost? When you look at the other products that Amsoil offers, like Donaldson filters, I can get Donaldson filters locally for 30% lower than even the Amsoil preferred customer pricing. This makes me wonder on the price of their oil also. No doubt it is a fine product for some applications, but is it that much better? Not so sure.

I was majorly impressed with the showing of Valvoline PB. I just might have to switch to if for my summer oil change.

Now: I'm waiting for Pennzoil to come out with a HDEO--> 5W-40 synthetic.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
I was majorly impressed with the showing of Valvoline PB. I just might have to switch to if for my summer oil change.

Now: I'm waiting for Pennzoil to come out with a HDEO--> 5W-40 synthetic.

I've thought about that for a while...something like Pennzoil Platinum 15W40 Group V with very little VI's and a nice low pour point with good cold cranking specs, and respectable HTHS.

My local Schaeffers and CenPeCo dealers run from farm to farm and repair shops and even schools to demostrate the one arm bandit and egg beaters. They personally run down every other product as inferior.
Originally Posted By: Mokanic
Originally Posted By: jerre310
Heck, why should Amsoil compare to a company like Schaeffers when they will not give a list price for their products. It's not the on the street popular oil. Besides their dealers run around with one arm bandits and egg beaters to show their comparisons. We go after a company like Amsoil who does pay for tests to be done. If you want your oils compared have your favorite companies pay to test theirs against Amsoil.

Strange, my Schaeffer dealer(for the last five years)has neither a one-armed bandit nor an egg beater. His wife has an egg beater that he could possibly borrow though. I'll ask him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back