New Shear Stability test by AMSOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one seen the new shear stability test on diesel oils. Amsoil compared to Rotella, Delvac, Delo, and Valvoline.

LOL why don't they compare to other syns. Scheaffers, REDLINE, delvac 1.

I would love to see how any othere products compare to redline. I love that they compare full syn PAO oil to dino group II+ oils.....LAME

Are they different oils? It doesn't matter I'm just curious. I'm not up on the diesel oils. I'll have to look at the PDS.

Just checked, ESP is the right comparison. It's the equal to DEO.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: buster
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1805823#Post1805823

Should they have used Delvac 1 and not Delvac 1 ESP??

Good one Buster. Some call ESP a "full syn". Heck, some people here even call Rotella T a "full syn".

Some of these guys love to compare the other oils - REGARDLESS OF BASE OIL to Amsoil, except when it's performance. LAME.

I really think an apples to apples type of oil is the only way to compare

You don't compare fully synthetic amsoil to castrol GTX. What would one expect to see from an oil that is 3x as expensive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
It is just another standard apples to oranges comparison, no surprise here.

You see what you want to see. Amsoil compared to Delvac ESP and the others in a real world comparison of real trucker used oils.

Sure I would have loved to see Schaeffer's, LE and few others, but are you going to tell me the oils used aren't comparable? Name some others. Ah heck, you would just name some other lame reason why Amsoil shouldn't do real tests.

As a diesel operator I can assure you guys those comparison oils are very apples to apples. Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 is Mobil's finest diesel oil. Same with RTS from Shell (though T6 is supposed to have better shear stability now). Same for the others. All premium CJ-4 5w40 oils.

Delvac 1 is not a valid oil to compare since it is CI-4+.

I don't use (or need) any of the oils listed, so although it may sound like I'm being partial I really am not, I'm just tossing another option or perspective out there.

I think it really comes down to what was the ultimate purpose of the test, does Amsoil want to show that they're the best diesel engine oil period. Or do they simply want to show people who buy their own oil that it's worth it to step up to Amsoil?

Redline, Schaeffer's, and others make excellent quality oils. But my initial impression is that Amsoil is not trying to sway customers away from them, but rather convince customers from the auto parts store oil isle to move up to their level.

So I don't believe Amsoil is trying to steal customers away from other "boutique" oil companies, but rather trying to convince customers to move up to the "boutique" level.

Again, don't flame me, I'm just saying there are other possibilities.

the amsoil picture says all oils are 5w40 syn..

no group II+ products there.

Heck, why should Amsoil compare to a company like Schaeffers when they will not give a list price for their products. It's not the on the street popular oil. Besides their dealers run around with one arm bandits and egg beaters to show their comparisons. We go after a company like Amsoil who does pay for tests to be done. If you want your oils compared have your favorite companies pay to test theirs against Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: jerre310
Heck, why should Amsoil compare to a company like Schaeffers when they will not give a list price for their products. It's not the on the street popular oil. Besides their dealers run around with one arm bandits and egg beaters to show their comparisons. We go after a company like Amsoil who does pay for tests to be done. If you want your oils compared have your favorite companies pay to test theirs against Amsoil.

Amsoil doesn't test them or doesn't post the test because they performed better than Amsoil...

Originally Posted By: BoiseRob

Amsoil doesn't test them or doesn't post the test because they performed better than Amsoil...

Please post hard proof of this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back