New sealed beam light got cloudy?

I just bought two brand new wagner sealed beam fog lights. They are yellow/orange in color. I put one in to test it out and i noticed it seemed duller than i was expecting. I turned the light off and the inside of the lens looks like it has a haze on it. I held up the one i have not installed yet and it is still crystal clear. What would cause this?
IMG_3087.jpeg
IMG_3086.jpeg

That's my vote too. The bulb or filament had contaminates on/in it, and out gassed when hot. Quality is not what it used to be. Wagner sealed beams used to be the absolute best bet when it came to conventional lighting.

There is always the chance that these are imports and/or counterfeit. EDIT: some people seem to be getting "knockoff's" according to the reviews of Wagner bulbs in general. I guess it depends on the vendor.

Also, the wattage matters. A 35W sealed beam won't be very bright by today's standards.

Last edited:
They are 35w and were from rock auto. They were pretty cheap but took a little while to get and look pretty good as fog lights. Its a shame what happened. I will have to inspect it closer and also try to plug the other light in.

Back