New S&W CSX Pistol

I wish they'd get a decent supply line going for the new 10mm or the recalled bullpup shotty I have on order before releasing another psitol I might have to also have!

I wish they'd get a decent supply line going for the new 10mm or the recalled bullpup shotty I have on order before releasing another psitol I might have to also have!

Been hearing reports of the M&P 10's being very picky on ammo, especially the hotter ammo. I have been wanting a lightweight 10mm for hunting, hiking and general outdoors for some time now. I decided to order the XD-M Elite 3.8 this week. Looking forward to getting it in.

Been hearing reports of the M&P 10's being very picky on ammo, especially the hotter ammo. I have been wanting a lightweight 10mm for hunting, hiking and general outdoors for some time now. I decided to order the XD-M Elite 3.8 this week. Looking forward to getting it in.
I have the XD-M with the 5.25" barrel. It's a great pistol.

I received an email a few days ago that S&W is coming out with a new micro-compact. I am all for new firearms, but I guess I have to question why? The M&P series seems to have everything covered, so what market share will this grab for S&W model?

Thoughts?

It's like the old school 3rd gen steel guns. I want one in .40 caliber.

Yeah, I just struggle with the "fit" into the marketplace. It is not something that I would go for, but hopefully there are others so that S&W can recover the R&D and advertising money that has been/will be spent.

I am still chasing one of the M&P 2.0 in 10MM--out of stock everywhere and when I do hear about one, it is sold before I can nab it 😆

The S&W 3rd gen steel guns are near and dear to me. My very first gun was a 5906 (all stainless, 9mm, 15+1). I carried it in Desert Storm in a holster that was custom made for it by our parachute riggers.

I've since acquired:
4506 (5" .45 ACP, all stainless)
4006 (4" .40 all stainless)
1006 (5" 10mm, all stainless)
3913 (3" 9mm compact single stack, alloy frame, stainless slide)
6906 (3.5" compact double stack, alloy frame, stainless slide)

And of course, another 5906, along with spare springs, magazines, and parts for all of them.

Parts for those guns are getting harder to find. S&W stopped making them in the mid 1990s, and stopped making parts not long after.

Prices have really started to rise on them as well. A clean 1006 with original box will get $1,200 - $1,500 all day long. The really rare ones, like the 1076 (4.25" barrel version of the 1006 that was adopted by the FBI) go for much more if they've got paperwork or the box.

I saw a NIB 1006, original box and tools, appeared not to have been fired, go for well over $2,000 on GB. I was bidding on it, but it quickly went well over my budget. Just as well. I would have wanted to enjoy shooting it.

The S&W 3rd gen steel guns are near and dear to me. My very first gun was a 5906 (all stainless, 9mm, 15+1). I carried it in Desert Storm in a holster that was custom made for it by our parachute riggers.

I've since acquired:
4506 (5" .45 ACP, all stainless)
4006 (4" .40 all stainless)
1006 (5" 10mm, all stainless)
3913 (3" 9mm compact single stack, alloy frame, stainless slide)
6906 (3.5" compact double stack, alloy frame, stainless slide)

And of course, another 5906, along with spare springs, magazines, and parts for all of them.

Parts for those guns are getting harder to find. S&W stopped making them in the mid 1990s, and stopped making parts not long after.

Prices have really started to rise on them as well. A clean 1006 with original box will get $1,200 - $1,500 all day long. The really rare ones, like the 1076 (4.25" barrel version of the 1006 that was adopted by the FBI) go for much more if they've got paperwork or the box.

I saw a NIB 1006, original box and tools, appeared not to have been fired, go for well over $2,000 on GB. I was bidding on it, but it quickly went well over my budget. Just as well. I would have wanted to enjoy shooting it.
I bought this LE trade in 5906 in December 2012 for $292 OTD. It came with (2) 15 rd. magazines.
I have a friend that's a S&W Armorer. He took it apart, bead blasted it, and checked all the internal parts. He said the LEO that owned it took very good care of it. It came with a curved grip but I didn't like it. So, it now has a straight grip.
It's the very last 3rd Gen S&W I own. I had owned (5) in different calibers at one time.
5906.jpg

Back