New rubber on the Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but not yet. Was supposed to get them last weekend, but they got shipped to the wrong place.
27.gif

So...either Friday afternoon or Saturday, I get them on: four GY Eagle F1 summer tires, US-made, 245/45ZR20.

Awesome! I noticed Goodyear stock one year ago was $16.62 and traded for $6.14 a share today. I'm researching the company and might put in an after hours bid at $6.12.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
...but not yet. Was supposed to get them last weekend, but they got shipped to the wrong place.
27.gif

So...either Friday afternoon or Saturday, I get them on: four GY Eagle F1 summer tires, US-made, 245/45ZR20.

those came factory on both of my brother's Challengers, He Could get by with them year round in Dallas, (has a 4WD Dakota with snow rated tires for the few days that were too much for the Chally.)

once he moved back up here, it's parked from Nov-April.
and His DD is now a Volt that he got snow tires for.

and WHEW... last i priced those for his Chally, they were over $300/tire... uncle sam buy those badboys for ya?

JAR ! Summer tires in the North East? Are you going to get a WInter Beater?

Those Challengers would look 1000% better with 16" rims and something resembling the Wheel / Tire combo from the 70's

Retro on retro. Instead of Hot Wheels toy car DONKed.

Me, I would just get cheap tires to burn up.
smile.gif

Make friends with the local tire store to get 80% worn take offs
smile.gif

I know the feeling, I have a set of my absolute favorite tires to run on my Charger - Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 ultra high performance summer tires - in my garage waiting to be put on, but I need to use up my current set of cold-weather tires first (Kumho Ecsta PA51). I'm driving everywhere I can think to drive to put miles on these tires to use them up so I can get my Firestones put on, but they just won't wear!

Anyway gotta go, gonna take a 5 hour test drive to put some miles on these Kumhos
grin.gif

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Awesome! I noticed Goodyear stock one year ago was $16.62 and traded for $6.14 a share today. I'm researching the company and might put in an after hours bid at $6.12.

It was under $5 a share like a month ago.
Strongly considering buying.
Good dividend for sure.

Originally Posted by earlyre
27.gif

those came factory on both of my brother's Challengers, He Could get by with them year round in Dallas, (has a 4WD Dakota with snow rated tires for the few days that were too much for the Chally.)

once he moved back up here, it's parked from Nov-April.
and His DD is now a Volt that he got snow tires for.

and WHEW... last i priced those for his Chally, they were over $300/tire... uncle sam buy those badboys for ya?

No, but I'm also not paying near that much.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

No, I'll run dedicated snows.

Those Challengers would look 1000% better with 16" rims and something resembling the Wheel / Tire combo from the 70's

smile.gif

smile.gif

This is...incoherent.

Eagle F1s are still around? I bought some F1 GSd3s about 10-12 years ago for my Trans Am at the time. Excellent tire for their day.

smile.gif

smile.gif

16" wheels wouldn't even clear the smaller rear brakes, let alone the huge front brakes. Need an absolute minimum of 18" for the front and 17" for the rear.

He can get 18" winter wheels/tires, which is manageable.

For me, I need at least 20" to clear the brakes, and running 20" winter wheels and skinny winter tires is cost prohibitive and impractical, so my Charger gets parked for winter.

That.

Tires are actually not the Eagle F1, they are the Eagle F1 Supercar.

I told a friend of mine not to run DRs on his c5 vette back in the day. I'd offer you the same advice about these tires. He didn't listen to me. The wreck was bad. I doubt you will, either, and I hope your experience isn't the same.

Ouch, sorry you had to settle. Those Eagles are nice, but Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are so much better they might save your life.

I'm no Goodyear fan, but I have real track time in LX based vehicles on Goodyear F1 Summers. They get really greasy when pushed hard and add to that the treadwear is lousy...

I have been told the big engine Challengers have a manufacturing defect with extreme short tire life.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Ouch, sorry you had to settle. Those Eagles are nice, but Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are so much better they might save your life.

I'm no Goodyear fan, but I have real track time in LX based vehicles on Goodyear F1 Summers. They get really greasy when pushed hard and add to that the treadwear is lousy...

Agreed. Also they are very cold natured tires. Michelin is where it's at with the Pilot Sport types.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8

I would run four used wheelbarrow tires before giving a cent to Michelin under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back