New Motul 0w20 double ester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys ever look at the RL product line they make a wide range of application oils.

And like ALL lube mfg I think they will balance the base stock to the end product I would guess that an all race oil is high in POE and street oil is a mix of POE/PAO.

So depending what you are talking about the answer is all over Plus they like ANYONE else will not give out formulary info. I do sometime but what I give out is Known to the industry and is not big deal.
bruce

quote:

dave has also said all alone that the car oils and race oils are the exact same except that the car oils have detergents in them

I think you're putting Dave in a tough position when you ask for exact information. You're not going to get it. In the long run, Dave's job might be easyer if he was a little more direct in saying, I can't tell you.

Put it another way: If Redline is truely 100% POE base, the marketing dept will waste no time plastering it all over their marketing material.

this comes from redlines site:
It’s not designed to be the cheapest—it’s built to be the best. Rather than cutting costs by blending into polyalphaolefin base stock for its motor oil, Red Line Oil only uses superior poly ester-based products—resulting in lubricants that are extremely stable at high temperatures while providing superior film strength at lower viscosities where more power can be produced.

Point taken! Seems like another conflict of marketing and engineering we're seeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back