New Motorcraft design

I got my stock order in at work today and noticed the Ford filters are different. They have a sticker instead of painted on labels. They still look to be purolator though. This was on both Fl820S and Fl500S filters.

Attachments

• 9821B7C4-70E6-4120-A163-BE633EEAB24E.jpeg
    9821B7C4-70E6-4120-A163-BE633EEAB24E.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 8DC8C8AF-D8EA-4EC2-82BF-8732CB82B350.jpeg
    8DC8C8AF-D8EA-4EC2-82BF-8732CB82B350.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 401
  • 3B436F52-8D7A-4947-853C-0BE98E516EEE.jpeg
    3B436F52-8D7A-4947-853C-0BE98E516EEE.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 355
  • 93F6F703-84CE-42B8-8C5D-55D7743C6BE5.jpeg
    93F6F703-84CE-42B8-8C5D-55D7743C6BE5.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 361
I started getting those filters on the orders from Ford directly. The ones from my FAD are the painted style, I am assuming they have a massive amount on hand. They switched to the stickers because its cheaper. No change to the filter itself.

I started getting those filters on the orders from Ford directly. The ones from my FAD are the painted style, I am assuming they have a massive amount on hand. They switched to the stickers because its cheaper. No change to the filter itself.
The inlet holes are different. Are you saying the media/internal construction is the same?

I have noticed even before the sticker labels changed that on some of the motorcraft filters the louvers on the center tubes are larger/longer then the previous louvers

Is the box different too? … I don’t break seals in stores

I will have to watch for the new look and buy one to cut open
The fomoco wix filters are the factory filters. Purolator still makes Motorcraft. I don’t think you’ll be able to buy a wix fomoco off the shelf.

The inlet holes are different. Are you saying the media/internal construction is the same?
We were told that the change in design was due to COVID and would prevent supply chain issues. There are some filters that while technically are on backorder, there is enough in the supply chain that it won't be an issue for a while.

Is the box different too? … I don’t break seals in stores
The box is the same. We get filters delivered in "bulk" pack numbers, so FL-910S-B12 which just have bare filters in the case and no boxes for use in the shop. It is cheaper and we don't have thousands of boxes to throw away every month.

Reactions: 4WD
Motorcraft are premium filters for a low price. If you can find one in the right size at your local auto parts store. At least they have been. Will have to check out for myself and see.

The box is the same. We get filters delivered in "bulk" pack numbers, so FL-910S-B12 which just have bare filters in the case and no boxes for use in the shop. It is cheaper and we don't have thousands of boxes to throw away every month.
I was buying them this way as well. I get my best price from a localFord dealership and they don’t get the shop bulk boxes anymore. I wonder if it’s a COVID-19 supply issue?

I was buying them this way as well. I get my best price from a localFord dealership and they don’t get the shop bulk boxes anymore. I wonder if it’s a COVID-19 supply issue?
No supply issue on the bulk numbers. It is the individual dealer's choice to stock them or not. Until I really took over the back counter at my dealer no-one had heard of them.

Back