New Mobil EHC 340 max base stock?

Was wondering about mobil ehc so i revisited it and saw that they had a new base called 340 max and it's interesting. A pdf brochure by mobil states that it's meant to be released in 2025 so it seems early but they're likely just trying to get in possible clients minds early to get talks and supply contracts going.

An article by lubes and greases https://www.lubesngreases.com/magazine/29_1/is-the-future-bright-for-bright-stock/ calls it a "brightstock" but it's no lucas oil stabilizer that's made of plastic and group 1. EHC is supposed to be group 2+ and it has a flashpoint of 294c with a low viscosity index of 95-115 and A KV 100 of 35 which is high. Higher than 140 grade gear oils so I'm not so sure what else it would be used for aside from making a better quality oil stabilizer from it but it made me wonder about grease manufacturing.

I don't know a lot about about grease manufacturing but it starts with a base like and gets thickened. First result on google explains a process which sounds about right as oil left in the crankcase eventually turns to grease from becoming very acidic. But I assume it would be easier to also make grease if you start with a heavier base though it's an assumption. Does anyone know.

mobil ehc.jpg

Was wondering about mobil ehc so i revisited it and saw that they had a new base called 340 max and it's interesting. A pdf brochure by mobil states that it's meant to be released in 2025 so it seems early but they're likely just trying to get in possible clients minds early to get talks and supply contracts going.

An article by lubes and greases https://www.lubesngreases.com/magazine/29_1/is-the-future-bright-for-bright-stock/ calls it a "brightstock" but it's no lucas oil stabilizer that's made of plastic and group 1. EHC is supposed to be group 2+ and it has a flashpoint of 294c with a low viscosity index of 95-115 and A KV 100 of 35 which is high. Higher than 140 grade gear oils so I'm not so sure what else it would be used for aside from making a better quality oil stabilizer from it but it made me wonder about grease manufacturing.
No lubricant components are made of plastic.
I don't know a lot about about grease manufacturing but it starts with a base like and gets thickened. First result on google explains a process which sounds about right as oil left in the crankcase eventually turns to grease from becoming very acidic. But I assume it would be easier to also make grease if you start with a heavier base though it's an assumption. Does anyone know.

View attachment 157877
A lubricant left in the crankcase longer than required never becomes a grease.

You need to read these articles for example as I think you have accumulated a lot of misinformation:

EHC base stocks are simply improved Group II base oils.

Back