New Mitsubishi Colt and ASX

As an owner of a Mitsubishi vehicle, this is one of my fears, that they leave the market. I'm sure the values of these vehicles would instantly lose an appreciable portion of their value, if there was no dealer support.
The plan was that the alliance would carve up the world, Nissan would cater to the north american market, Renault to Europe, and Mitsubishi to the asian market.

Yes, Nissan is likely to leave the european market, or have a very much reduced range of cars on offer. It also means Mitsubishi is likely to leave the USA

The plan was that the alliance would carve up the world, Nissan would cater to the north american market, Renault to Europe, and Mitsubishi to the asian market.

Yes, Nissan is likely to leave the european market, or have a very much reduced range of cars on offer. It also means Mitsubishi is likely to leave the USA
I can't see Nissan abandoning their home market to Mitsubishi. And Mitsu is already brand engineering Nissan platforms, e.g., new Outlander. If anything, Mitsu may as well eliminate making passenger cars altogether and concentrate on the heavy industry items.

Mitsu's problem with the US market is that they stopped putting the same effort in the US they did in the 80s and 90s, 15-20 years ago. They just try to throw global platforms and global advertising (Drive your ambition?) over here and it doesn't work in the US. Plus their dealer footprint has definitely atrophied since the 90s.

Back