New Kanati Trail Hog AT-4 Tires

I installed a new set of Kanati Trail Hogs AT-4 in 315/70/17 replacing Falken Wildpeak M/T in 285/70/17. Picked them up from PriorityTire.com for $1,200 for a set of 5 including demounting the Falken's and mounting/balancing the Kanati's.

They are (more or less) Goodyear Duratrac tread design and are 3 peak rated for snow. They also weigh exactly 4 pounds more than the Falkens--84.4 versus 88.4 (mounted weight for both). Considering I went up a size as well as changed from load range C to load range E, the weight difference is minimal and should not be noticeable. I need to use my Tazer Mini and tweak the tire size and pressures and I will probably kill ESS while I am in there.

Very happy with the look and ride so far!

KLj6Al.jpg

They look good. A quick search shows these tires are distributed by Greenball. Probably of imported origin, but I'm am not saying that makes them a poor tire.

How is the noise level?

Keep us updated.

They look good. A quick search shows these tires are distributed by Greenball. Probably of imported origin, but I'm am not saying that makes them a poor tire.

How is the noise level?

Keep us updated.
They are much quieter than the Falkens, but of course, they were MT tread versus AT on the Kanatis. They are imported, but do get really good reviews.

I was really impressed by the low amount of weight it took to balance them.

Last edited:
I installed a new set of Kanati Trail Hogs AT-4 in 315/70/17 replacing Falken Wildpeak M/T in 285/70/17. Picked them up from PriorityTire.com for $1,200 for a set of 5 including demounting the Falken's and mounting/balancing the Kanati's.

They are (more or less) Goodyear Duratrac tread design and are 3 peak rated for snow. They also weigh exactly 4 pounds more than the Falkens--84.4 versus 88.4 (mounted weight for both). Considering I went up a size as well as changed from load range C to load range E, the weight difference is minimal and should not be noticeable. I need to use my Tazer Mini and tweak the tire size and pressures and I will probably kill ESS while I am in there.

Very happy with the look and ride so far!

KLj6Al.jpg
Those look like great tires! I really like the tread design. Can't wait to hear reports on how they do in various situations!

That is sharp! I was just in Houston over Christmas at my brother in law's place. If I'd realized you were there, I'd have brought a beer over to check out your Jeep and BS with you a bit! Maybe next time.

Those look like great tires! I really like the tread design. Can't wait to hear reports on how they do in various situations!

That is sharp! I was just in Houston over Christmas at my brother in law's place. If I'd realized you were there, I'd have brought a beer over to check out your Jeep and BS with you a bit! Maybe next time.
I would have enjoyed that--let me know when you are in town again.

Nice lighting set-up, too! All spots or did you mix spot/flood?
Thanks man! On the winch guard, the inner lights are Squadron-R Sport Driving/Combos and the outer lights are Squadron-R Sport Wide Cornering (Amber). The cowl lights are XL Sport High Speed Spots.

They are much quieter than the Falkens, but of course, they were MT tread versus AT on the Kanatis. They are imported, but do get really good reviews.

I was really impressed by the low amount of weight it took to balance them.
It’s going to take lots of “inner conversation” to keep me from buying 315’s early … but so far the BFG’s have really served me well … the dealer had 39 psi in them and dropping to 35 psi sure helped stability and ride …

It’s going to take lots of “inner conversation” to keep me from buying 315’s early … but so far the BFG’s have really served me well … the dealer had 39 psi in them and dropping to 35 psi sure helped stability and ride …
I did put 25K on the Falkens before swapping them and saved them because I am going to buy my youngest son a Jeep.

The Falkens are great, but I wanted a little more under axle clearance because there are a few trails in CO I want to drive this year.

The only mods I have left is to install the MetalCloak Game Changer 2.5" lift that is in the garage and a set of MetalCloak skid plates.

That Jeep is turning into a perfect build, from my perspective. Nice work!

Love the Baja Designs lights. I've got LP6's on the front bumper and they are just incredible. If my wallet doesn't choke out, I may replace a set of Rigid side shooters on the cowl. The Rigids are really good, but the LP4's are in the next league up.

I'll definitely seek you out the next time I get to Houston. It may be a bit, but I will get down there again. It's always nice to switch things around and go to your brother-in-law's house and clog up his commode for once! :ROFLMAO:

That Jeep is turning into a perfect build, from my perspective. Nice work!

Love the Baja Designs lights. I've got LP6's on the front bumper and they are just incredible. If my wallet doesn't choke out, I may replace a set of Rigid side shooters on the cowl. The Rigids are really good, but the LP4's are in the next league up.

I'll definitely seek you out the next time I get to Houston. It may be a bit, but I will get down there again. It's always nice to switch things around and go to your brother-in-law's house and clog up his commode for once! :ROFLMAO:
Many thanks! Yep, almost done with the major upgrades. Lift kit and skid plates are left then maybe some smaller things.

Thus far, I have not seen a need to regear, but I need to take a ride to CO/MT/NM/WY to know for sure.

so that color reminded me of something...
Check out this colorful bro dozer (non-diesel surprisingly)
after noticing his sub-par parking skills and lack of caring for possible turds door bashing his ride...
I noticed his license plate.

and his nearly worn out mudders in the middle of winter... something tells me this Grappler terrain vehicle wouldnt make it up the hill in front of my house.

Back on topic where are Kanati tires made? it says division of greenball corp? is this a chinese?/india? Importer?

Attachments

• PXL_20210110_190329039.jpg
    PXL_20210110_190329039.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210110_190341546.jpg
    PXL_20210110_190341546.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back on topic where are Kanati tires made? it says division of greenball corp? is this a chinese?/india? Importer?
They are made in Indonesia (not sure exactly where). They receive really good reviews all over the web and thus far I've been pretty impressed with the overall quality as well as the low amount of weight it required to get them in balance.

Additionally, the specifications that they posted online were spot on. The weight of the tire was within one tenth of a pound and after mounting and being aired up was within an eighth of an inch.

I spent a fair amount of time comparing and contrasting over 50 35" tires and landed on these.

Any balancing issues when installing? any excess run-out or vibrations?

My luck with low end tires are always hit or miss. Never keep them til they're worn out.

Any balancing issues when installing? any excess run-out or vibrations?

My luck with low end tires are always hit or miss. Never keep them til they're worn out.
I was pleasantly surprised at how little weight it took to get them in balance. There were many reviews online and people were stating they were good tires. I have had similar issues that you describe with high-end name brand tires, so it is indeed hit or miss.

Back