New job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relief! Job hunting is exhausting...

I got hired at Mobile Aerospace Engineering. Its an MRO facility that does work for most of the major airlines in the US. For those unfamiliar, they do heavy maintenance , repair and overhaul on large airliners.

www.stmae.com

I was an aircraft mechanic in the military for 7 years and loved it. Wanting to stay local so I got out and began applying to the many aerospace companies in the area. This particular company was my #1 pick. I know several people that work there and I'm familiar with their operations. Excellent scheduling, pay & benefits.

Even though I was confident about finding work, job hunting was still 10x more stressful than I imagined it would be. Don't know why. I wasn't worried about the interviews (military does wonders for confidence; I used to have none) and nothing in particular was out of the ordinary. Just the entire process really took the energy out of me. Hard to sleep, been eating bad, etc. Time to get back in shape!

Really happy about the time off I've had; able to spend the entire summer with my little boy, and wife is out for the summer too (teacher). Got some house projects knocked out, and got to see friends and family more than usual.

First day will be Aug 4. Excited!

cheers3.gif

Congrats!

My dad also worked for PanAm (30 years) and before them it was National Airlines.

It can be a feast or famine when working in aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back