Help with new job outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have called it a layoff. It appears the company is just trying to get out of paying unemployment. People get let go all the time in different jobs for various reasons and it is not something that should affect you in the next job. It's more about the people you work with that make a job. You can be the best employee in the world and if your superior or boss doesn't like you it's not going to go well. A supportive work crew is everything. This Corona virus thing is costing businesses lots of money keeping people too. A poor boss will find fault in anything you do. Good luck on your job search and most likely you will find a better job and a better boss/work environment.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by UncleDave
" That person worked here from this date to that date" UD

When a previous employer will only say this the prospective employer knows exactly what they are saying. When I had my small biz I was on both sides of this statement.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
So all,

I was given the choice to be fired or "resign" about two weeks ago. I'm somewhat irritated as i just got my hearing aids and what a difference it makes. I was thrown out the door as i did everything asked but some of the proprietary software i wasn't "perfect" at using.and perfect was said. My boss was given and additional department to run and according to him he hated his boss and "things weren't going well for him". I saw somecred flags when i was hired. I. Was told in my interview "we lied the job isn't technically technical writing." I resigned somewhat reluctantly as firing hurt job prospects. So how do I deal with this on future job applications? I was already looking. It was an airline job so alot of people know each other. All help appreciated.

Make them fire you. Hire a lawyer. Collect maximum unemployment possible. I suppose the cow left the barn already, but that's what I'd do.

Jobs ask you to resign because their reasons for wanting you gone are shaky and "fightable" and if you resign, they don't have to have that battle, nor do they have to pay you. When you're being asked to resign, you should view that as "go time" for you and your lawyer, because 99% of the time, it means there is money in it for you.

The one time I was asked to resign, I simply chose to because I leveraged my former boss for another job that paid 200% as much, but if that leverage had not been there, I sure as [censored] woulda sued. Companies care ZERO for you, and you should care ZERO for them.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by UncleDave
" That person worked here from this date to that date" UD

When a previous employer will only say this the prospective employer knows exactly what they are saying. When I had my small biz I was on both sides of this statement.

Exactly "So and so worked from X to X and they are *emphasis* NOT eligible for rehire".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back