New Jetta!

That's a very nice car! What brand of tires came w/the car? You did well and your timing was excellent. Funny how things come together. I really like my 2012 Golf 2.5 except for the 6sp auto which goes into 6th gear @ a lower speed than I care for. (Thankfully the 2.5 has good low-end torque.) Many safe and happy miles!

That's a very nice car! What brand of tires came w/the car? You did well and your timing was excellent. Funny how things come together. I really like my 2012 Golf 2.5 except for the 6sp auto which goes into 6th gear @ a lower speed than I care for. (Thankfully the 2.5 has good low-end torque.) Many safe and happy miles!

Thank you! I believe it has Hankook tires. I would have to verify. Both the 6 speed 09G and even more so the 8 speed trans in this model are tuned for gas mileage. This 8 speed is constantly shifting down to keep the engine in its torque band. You are in 5th gear by 25 mph, and 8th gear by 45 mph.

You get alot of car for the price and great warranty for a Jetta. We are very pleased with our 1.4L Tubo and auto trans in signature. Going on 45,xxx trouble free miles -- which should be expected. I really like the color use went with also -- sharp looking car and congrats!!! ;)

Dale

You get alot of car for the price and great warranty for a Jetta. We are very pleased with our 1.4L Tubo and auto trans in signature. Going on 45,xxx trouble free miles -- which should be expected. I really like the color use went with also -- sharp looking car and congrats!!! ;)

Dale
I can’t see your signature for some reason, what year and transmission do you have?

Both the 6 speed 09G and even more so the 8 speed trans in this model are tuned for gas mileage. This 8 speed is constantly shifting down to keep the engine in its torque band. You are in 5th gear by 25 mph, and 8th gear by 45 mph.
Is there a sport mode that keeps revs higher/shifts later in RPM range?

I'm a little surprised about how big Jettas have gotten. They are about the size of Passats of 15 years ago.

Congrats!

I find the 7th gen Jetta quite a handsome car that is going to age well just like all the prior gens. Even the 6th gen still looks fresh now almost 10 years on. My only complaint on the 7th gen is really outside of the GLI none of the wheel selections are that attractive in my opinion, you know beauty eye of the beholder.

I'm like you where VW ownership has given me some headache but something keeps bringing me back to them (see my signature) and over the years they have steadily improved from the nightmare MKIV days. My '03 Golf TDI was my first VW, it was a total basket case but I adored that car and every VW I have had since then.

I've always been critical of VW rather conservative styling.
But lately after seeing some of the it looks like a plastic car that melted styling especially the front ends of the new Lexus I'm starting to like understated again.
I like your car.

Congrats, I'll piggy back on this thread as I just picked up a new 2020 Jetta R-Line 1.4 TSI w/ the 8 speed auto. Traded my '15 Tdi Passat with a six speed manual because my wife was tired of shifting gears.

The Tdi's called for 10k OCI's which I was fine with. So do these gasoline TSI's. I'll go with that, but for the initial OC I believe I'll do at 5k, then 10k and from then every 10k. But then again, if VW says 10k is ok, perhaps it is?

What do you guys think?

Back