2017 vw Jetta se vs 2017 Ford fusion se

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I also suggest you try to find a dealer demo/courtesy car?
They may have low miles.
I bought my GSW with 5,757 miles.

My opinion after 2012 VW quality is up , You have to remember alot of kids by 4 year old Volkswagens then tune them up beat on them then go on forums and complain.
if you go to a vw dealer usually they have very low mile dealer cars for a good price . I just bought a VW Passat with 5,200 miles for a great deal with a better than a new car warranty.
My wife's brother works for Ford so she wanted to look at the Fusion , luckily it was across the street from VW dealer , she drove it 1 block and said let's get the Passat .

Last edited:
On VW they added the 6/72k warranty in 2018 bumper to bumper. I am not aware of difference in price between 2017<>2018 but that is one excellent warranty.

Fusion 2.5. However, I've never been in a Jetta. Those who are recommending a Jetta probably have never been in a Fusion. Most people are brand-biased. Drive them both, and buy what you prefer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by A1O
Well went to look at the Jetta today and it turned out it was a flood car. The car smelled of mold but I couldn't find any so it scared me off. It's a shame too as I was ready to buy. So on the way home I stopped at a Ford dealer and drove a fusion hybrid and a Buick verano. I really like it but it had 56000 on it and I am looking for something like a cpo now
Man, gotta watch out for "salvage title" or flood title cars. Maybe try Hertz or Avis or National, not sure which ones ran Hybrids or other cars you might like, used fleets.
The Verano is really a fancier Chevy Cruze, and not the current Cruze, the one back in 2014 or so, the Delta II Platform. Not a bad model though.
Actually a 2009-2015 Chevy Cruze, with styling that looks like a BMW 3series, is one of those under-appreciated sleeper values. Good cars with low used prices.

Just closed a deal on a cpo 2016 Buick verano base with 16000 miles on it. Price was 13390 got it for 12790. Pick it up tomorrow at 10:00am in the morning. Sapphire blue with a grey interior. Has a 2.4 ltr dohc 4 with di injection. 6 auto trans and 17 inch alloy wheels. It's a very nice car. I plan on doing a review and thread on the car when I pick it up tommorrow

Originally Posted by A1O
Just closed a deal on a cpo 2016 Buick verano base with 16000 miles on it. Price was 13390 got it for 12790. Pick it up tomorrow at 10:00am in the morning. Sapphire blue with a grey interior. Has a 2.4 ltr dohc 4 with di injection. 6 auto trans and 17 inch alloy wheels. It's a very nice car. I plan on doing a review and thread on the car when I pick it up tommorrow
That sounds great! Blue is the perfect color. (Well, I like a bunch of colors, but shades of metallic blue are sa-weet.) Nice DeltaII GM platform, 2.4L LEA Ecotec direct injection, nice! Should be solid.

Of course, you know the oil and filter choice: A dexos1 full-synthetic with a Fram Ultra XG9018 oil filter for best performance.

[Linked Image]

verano.JPG

Good choice with the Buick. We've owned a few VW's and will never own them again. Complete garbage and unreliable.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Coastie05
Good choice with the Buick. We've owned a few VW's and will never own them again. Complete garbage and unreliable.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

The Jetta wasn't a bad car by any means. There were trade offs in my choice. First off the Jetta was a bigger car than the verano and it had a sunroof which the verano does not have. The Jetta also was a solid car and the 1.4 ltr turbo was a gem of an engine. But what swayed me to the verano was how quiet it was on the road at 70 mph which is what this car will be doing most of its life. The Jetta was was much louder at speed compared to the verano. Also was the fact the verano was a cpo vehicle which gives me a lot longer warranty on the vehicle should something arises. The Jetta does get a bit better gas mileage but the verano is getting around 34 miles per gallon in my first run. That 10 miles a gallon better than the vic and it rides better and is quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back