New HVAC

Nolan Ryan sezz Ahmahrahcaan Stahnderd Err … that's what I put in our condo … Comfortmaker 2 stage at home …

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Originally Posted by JohnG
Bryant IS Goodman, as well as those mentioned, including Amana and a few others.

Get the Lennox system, you won't regret it.

Negative. Bryant and Lennox is part of Carrier Global. Goodman/Amana is owned by Daikin. Trane/American Standard is owned by Ingersoll Rand.
. Lennox is not owned by Carrier.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by JohnG
Bryant IS Goodman, as well as those mentioned, including Amana and a few others.

Negative. Bryant and Lennox is part of Carrier Global. Goodman/Amana is owned by Daikin. Trane/American Standard is owned by Ingersoll Rand.
. Lennox is not owned by Carrier.

Correct. I meant to say ICP

That's odd. When my neighbor had his pre-fab home built, the plan called for Amana A/C, after it was built, the contractor installed a Goodman system. When he sued over it, he was told that they are the same company, just different quality. Maybe the contractor lied. I would never have expected that.

Does Goodman make universal replacement parts as well? When I was repairing the bad starting capacitor on my Bryant, there was a sticker that said "Goodman Part number XXXXX". I guess nobody knows who makes what anymore!

We had a GIbson AC with Gas furnace (made by Nordyne) installed about 5 years and no issues. Must be a cheap brand because you don't hear much about Gibson.

Thanks for all the replies. Ended up going with the local Bryant dealer. Been in business here for over 50 years. He was the only one that said we needed to add an air vent to lower system pressure. He spent the most time doing the estimate and explaining this. He said brand didn't matter much is was more the install which from everyone sounds true. He was the only one I felt comfortable with and the only one not trying to take us to the cleaners on price.

Trane/American Standard has the lowest failure rate of all brands. Goodman has the highest failure rate in the industry. Anyone who tells you that Goodman is as good as any is lying to you.

I do HVAC and agree 100 percent. I despise goodman.

Those asking about Goodman and Amana. They are the same units with different nameplates.

Back