New gun bought today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wanting a new Ruger SR40C for a while now, so I finally pulled the purchase trigger! Local gun shop here had one all in black without the light that Ruger seems to be pushing. $429, not a bargain, but they let me use their range for free so I like to keep my business with them.

$429 isn't really that bad. I would feel like I got a great deal for ~$400, but with recent shortages, $429 is a good price too. I recent spoke with someone who purchased the SR9, full size, for over $500 out the door. Way too much considering a buddy of mine purchased the same gun when it was just coming out for $400 out the door. Good buy, I'm sure you will like it. The same buddy purchased a Galco Tuck-N-Go for a Glock 19 and it fit really good. He conceals it quite nicely to be a large gun.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
When do yoi get to take it home?

Took it home as soon as my credit card cleared. This is Michigan, I have a cpl.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Originally Posted By: Chris142
When do yoi get to take it home?

Took it home as soon as my credit card cleared. This is Michigan, I have a cpl.

That's what I like about being in Iowa and having a CPL or CCW... Sign, pay, leave.... I can have any firearm in the store in less than 10 minutes.

Congrats on your purchase! Hope you enjoy.

even without a CPL most people pass a NICS no problem and are able to bring it home that day. now in michigan you no longer need to go get a purchase permit before buying (hense running a NICS for a handgun)and all the registration paperwork is done at the store and you drop it off a local sheriff after purchase. With long guns its the same just Minus the registration paperwork.
only time you can't take them home right away is if your are delayed during the NICS check and then they will instruct a 3-6 day waiting period. It seems to be very random and pretty uncommon. I was delayed once and have bought more since with no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back