New green Havoline Pro-RS

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1635830404936.jpg
    FB_IMG_1635830404936.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 63
I just saw an ad for this new Havoline oil. Supposed to be 25% plant based. What are your thoughts? I've been using their 5w30 synthetic because tlyou can't best the price. 6 quarts under $20.
Here is the Plant Based Base stock used:

We might not see that what with the big push to electric cars.

BTW, the power is out in Puyallup. Been out all night.
Well ours was too about a week ago. Good thing it isn't cold hope you have some heat we used the woodstove for a little heat and to warm up some soup!

Interesting read. If it's cost-effective, more efficient, and readily available, I'm all in.

Reactions: SR5
Isn't all motor oil, at least up to Group III synthetic and even GTL plant-based? Sure, they died millions of years ago, but they are still plants. So they should label it all that way. There would be more truth to that advertising than most other advertising.

Flash point is really high in 5w20 flavor. Also, they tout lower Noack, but they don't publish it in the PDS.

I like what I see in the PDS and it meets API SP. I'll happily give it a run and do a UOA afterward, if the price isn't nuts. I love the 6 quart box, btw. I've got two 0w20 Pro DS boxes in my stash. You can stack your stash much more efficiently with these boxes.

Last edited:
Is Chevron connected to this company? Or another oil company? Or is it a joint venture or stand-alone?

From the Novvi website:

Novvi LLC is a joint venture of Amyris, American Refining Group, Chevron, and H&R. Novvi draws from the strengths of all its strategic shareholders to execute a level of innovation to rapid commercialization to meet the increasing demands on the chemicals industry for sustainability, performance, and value.

We might not see that what with the big push to electric cars.

BTW, the power is out in Puyallup. Been out all night.

Electric cars still need brake fluid and wheel bearing grease. If the plant based oil can bind well with thickeners to make NLGI 1 and 2 greases while also being carbon negative and biodegradable, it could see a big demand in the future outside of engine oils.

Back