New Goodyear tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by Gene K:
Best MaxPerformance Summer Tire:
Goodyear GS-D3 (German Goodyears like German Castrol is not the US Crap) - tirerack

I've got the US made F1 GS D3s on my Firebird right now and they are awesome! They hook up very well at the dragstrip and work awesome in the rain.

Sorry Patman, I didnt know they made some sizes in the US now. The ones I used were made in Germany.

My point was you cant compare them to the "Runcraps" that come on a LS1 C5. The F1 Supercars that come on the Z06 are pretty decent if you can live with near R Compound wear rates.

Gene

I have been doing alot of research for my next tire purchase for my truck. I have talked to alot of independent tire people and tire business owners.

I have had two people recommend to me that I go with firestone for my truck. They are putting out the highest quality tires they ever had, and after the explorer scandal they are offering an excellent treadwear warranty.

255/70/16 Firestone Destination LE for my 98 F150. 80 dollars each at tirerack.com.

Thats a great bargain.

I have the wranglers on my truck now, they are the OEM tires. The truck has 45k miles on them and the tires are down to the wearbars. They last a long time, but they are just that, a hard compound tire that doesn't perform very well. They are terrible in water and snow even when they had tread,and they are noisy all the time.

I still have the OEM Goodyear Eagle GA on my car as a spare. I think Goodyear's Eagle line didn't get into the limelight, until Toyota OEM'd them on the Lexus LS400 and SC300/SC400.

I love GoodYear F1 GS-D3 on my Impreza. Great performance tires. Very forgiving, comfortable and quiet. They seem to suit the AWD chassis very well.

I will agree with all the previous posts about Goodyear Integrity tires being crap. My wife's 2002 Windstar came with them new. After 4 flats in the past 6 months and with the wear bars showing with only 35,000 miles on them, I replaced them with Michelin Hydroedge tires. They are very smooth and quiet and seem to ride much better.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank D:
I will agree with all the previous posts about Goodyear Integrity tires being crap. My wife's 2002 Windstar came with them new. After 4 flats in the past 6 months and with the wear bars showing with only 35,000 miles on them, I replaced them with Michelin Hydroedge tires. They are very smooth and quiet and seem to ride much better.

I guess we're piling on, but another scary thing about the Integritys is their sidewall thickness. I once had one dismounted and had the chance to feel the heft of the sidewall -- there is none. It feels about as thick as a plastic sandwich bag (OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much). I fully realize that it's the actual built-in strength that matters, not absolute thickness, but these are nevertheless the skimpiest sidewalls I've ever felt, and just don't believe that they could possibly offer the same ability to resist physical damage as tires with a more traditional thickness.

Just replaced the Goodyear Aquatred IIIs on grandma's Ciera with a set of Assurance ComforTreds. Dry handling and braking is better than the Aquatred and man they are quiet and smooth. Grandma will love 'em.

The Aquatreds really shocked me. They only had 15k on them and still looked new, but since the last time I drove the car, which was about 6 months ago, they had completely lost their good qualities and were almost frightening on wet pavement. Went from being one of the best tires, for it's purpose, to one of the worst. Got full credit on them though toward the Assurance. Thought about getting the TripleTred, but grandma's priorities are more comfort than handling.

I killed a set of F-1s @7K on my 01 SS and shreded a set of Nitto 555`s in 24K
Then a set of KDW`s went and we`ll see what Potenza will do over the next 10-25K ?????
Anymore GoodYears ? not a chance !!

quote:

Originally posted by nthach:
I still have the OEM Goodyear Eagle GA on my car as a spare. I think Goodyear's Eagle line didn't get into the limelight, until Toyota OEM'd them on the Lexus LS400 and SC300/SC400.

They used to and still equip some Jeep Grand Cherokees with Eagle LS tires. The earlier Grand Cherokees had Eagle GAs. Yeah, general concenous is that they aren't good. Motor Trend took the newer Grand Cherokee off road back in 99 and it had Eagle LS tires and it actually climbed rocks and went through mud. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back