New Game: You are in charge of oil. For everyone.

You wake up and you are made the supreme ruler of the United States. Your authority is absolute. Your first order of business is to choose one oil that will be the only product available for all roadgoing vehicles. No variations, no different weights. My suggestion would be that you choose the oil that would work the best for most peoples in most vehicles, but maybe you have different priorities. Share your choice and any rationale if you feel like it.

I'll start: Castrol GTX Full Syn 0W20. I think that this would be usable by most vehicles on the road and is reasonably economical. Apologies to long-haul truckers.

My choice? The Green Elixir from a few years back. Why? Without going back to research past threads, I don’t recall any negative reviews of it. 5W-30 so fits right in the middle. I used it and had a stash though I never tested it myself, just tests posted here.

Whatever AutoZone is clearing out at the end of year for $1 a quart. I know I broke the rule of "choose one oil that will be the only product available for all roadgoing vehicles. No variations, no different weights. " but someone has to get out fiscal house in order.

In all seriousness, I suppose any 0w40 would be my selection as oil czar......

You wake up and you are made the supreme ruler of the United States. Your authority is absolute. Your first order of business is to choose one oil that will be the only product available for all roadgoing vehicles. No variations, no different weights. My suggestion would be that you choose the oil that would work the best for most peoples in most vehicles, but maybe you have different priorities. Share your choice and any rationale if you feel like it.

I'll start: Castrol GTX Full Syn 0W20. I think that this would be usable by most vehicles on the road and is reasonably economical. Apologies to long-haul truckers.
Except for the things that make and transport your food.

My suggestion would be that you choose the oil that would work the best for most peoples in most vehicles,

No, every one size fits all design I've work with in the past are always designed for the worst case scenarios, not "work the best for the most people"

0W16. The thread starter said nothing about oil additives. I would come up with a few oil additives to increase viscosity. And if that’s not allowed 0W16 and buy Tesla stock.
What are the trains, trucks, tractors and combines going to run on? Keenwah doesn't plant or harvest itself.

M1 0w-40 will work in 99.72% of production cars on the road today and it will do it very well.

It may not be best for a Mazda rotary. Probably not the best for diesels either, but I'll outlaw those because they smell.

I have spoken.

Back