Just for fun, how are you enjoying your car payment

this may be true

$729

Average Monthly Car Payments As of 2023, the average monthly car payment for new vehicles is $729. This is a 24.4% increase from 2022, according to the second quarter Experian State of the Automotive Finance
So if you have 2 autos , that would be 1400 and some change...add a rent or house payment and you have a huge budget,,,,if you work at Dollar General or Wilma"s Diner its gotta be tough,,,this is why I drive a 10 year old F150 and I dont work nowdays...retired...I forgot to add child care and you most likely are spending all you make..............its ok to live at home,,where you grew up, makes sense to me...

I'm a boomer. I haven't had a car payment since the Reagan era. It's just how I roll. Don't ask me about my white New Balance tennis shoes and white cotton socks though, they keep me hoping I hit the Bingo jackpot :)

I'm a boomer. I haven't had a car payment since the Reagan era. It's just how I roll. Don't ask me about my white New Balance tennis shoes and white cotton socks though, they keep me hoping I hit the Bingo jackpot :)
I'm a boomer too. My mother taught me from an early age, if you can't afford it, you don't buy it. Maybe parents today should teach their kids that. ;) Having said that, the last time I took a car loan the rate was 0%. Next time I take a car loan it will be 0% or I'll pay cash for the car.

$828 two vehicles. I have had a car payment since 1997. These will probably be my last loans, but I have never had a problem with taking advantage of low interest loans.

Not bad the 23 mazda cx-30 at 0.9% for 3 years.The 24 Corolla LE at 8.5% toyota financial services with 750 cash back and plan to pay it in full by 2024.Both had around 400/monthly.

I've paid cash for our last number of vehicles, but then pay more for repairs than someone with a new vehicle under warranty. I still think I'm ahead, but it does add up.

In 2023:

AC repairs - $1000
New tires - $950
New headlight Assemblies: $200
Brakes all around: $325

That's about $2500 that could have been used toward payments on a new van.

GTFO!! No BOOMERS ALLOWED HERE. You created this whole mess, you are a nasty selfish person. Anyone over 62 needs terminated.

I'm a boomer too. My mother taught me from an early age, if you can't afford it, you don't buy it. Maybe parents today should teach their kids that. ;) Having said that, the last time I took a car loan the rate was 0%. Next time I take a car loan it will be 0% or I'll pay cash for the car.
I have Gen Z kids and they are surprisingly careful with money ( young adults now) There is hope for America yet…

I've paid cash for our last number of vehicles, but then pay more for repairs than someone with a new vehicle under warranty. I still think I'm ahead, but it does add up.

In 2023:

AC repairs - $1000
New tires - $950
New headlight Assemblies: $200
Brakes all around: $325

You are still way ahead...that would likely only get you about 5 months worth of payments.

Not sure what a van goes for, but unless if your tradein was good value, that isn’t bad money.

New cars have nasty reg&ins.

Back