Your Opinion Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
I am assuming you mean the first photos with the VW?

I should have clarified that last post. I meant the rims on the Evo a few posts up. Not to take anything away from the VW rims. Those look great as well. But the ones on the Evo I think would look nice on the Matrix for some winter rims. Also what size are they? Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Kira
I'm going to go with the general flow here but be warned...I'm going to be a little harsh sounding.

You say you're, "leaning towards keeping the GTI". I got news for you, if you lean the other way you're going to go down a deep hole.
Your circumstances severely limit "what you can want".
I worked with a recovering heroin addict who wasn't too smart in the first place. He used to drink a lot of beer and father kids....but he liked Jeeps.
You sound like him......a consumer (a term I use perjoratively).

I know it's cool to have deep interests and we BITOGers have a deeper appreciation of gadgets etc. but you cannot afford it, PERIOD.
Frankly, going by your "car ownership possibility details", you sound a little possessed. Try learning a musical instrument.

Since you're former Peace Officer I suppose I should get on line to kiss your shoelaces but that's not the way I'm wired.
Life ain't no beer commercial.

Go the savings route, experience the dependability built into today's cars and make keeping your eyes peeled for a great deal from a private seller your new hobby even if it's an interim hobby.

I appreciate your comment, and the harshness is no problem. Trust me 20+ yrs in Public Service as a Peace Officer? You dont know what "Harshness" is.

I never expect anyone to even think of "Getting in line to kiss my shoelaces" never heard of that before, just like I guess you wouldn't for our Military. I for one though, over the years for those in the line of duty that have and continue to save lives, including saving my A S S more than once...I would have no problem kissing the laces of those individuals.

Its all a matter of perspective. I am happy you have never been in such circumstance, and hope you never are. I think if you ever were in that circumstance, you would withdraw that part of your comment.

I do appreciate your comment and your advice. I take everyone's opinions and advice into consideration. I appreciate the time you all give to make a comment.

Thank You.

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I am assuming you mean the first photos with the VW?

I should have clarified that last post. I meant the rims on the Evo a few posts up. Not to take anything away from the VW rims. Those look great as well. But the ones on the Evo I think would look nice on the Matrix for some winter rims. Also what size are they? Thanks!

Those Rims on my Evo 9 MR are BBS rims made specifically for the Evo. They are 17x8 in size and run about $600 a piece IF you can find them. On the Evo Forums some sell the set for $2000 or more. Light weight, and very rare wheel made specifically for the Evo 9 MR and Evo 9 SE.

Best bet would be to get a rim that is similar made by OZ. If you go to Tire Rack you can find them. I forget the name of them, but they are made by OZ a good manufacturer rims are made in Italy. Much less expensive if you like the style of wheel.

Thank You for your Comment. You might be able to find the Evo Rims cheaper, but look out for Replica's. The OEM BBS's are VERY expensive and if you find them cheap? They are either beat to [censored], bent, or fakes. Beware.

Jeff

Best bet would be to get a rim that is similar made by OZ. If you go to Tire Rack you can find them. I forget the name of them, but they are made by OZ a good manufacturer rims are made in Italy.

I was going to say, they look like OZ Leggera... very popular and respectable rims.

Best bet would be to get a rim that is similar made by OZ. If you go to Tire Rack you can find them. I forget the name of them, but they are made by OZ a good manufacturer rims are made in Italy. Much less expensive if you like the style of wheel.

Thank you. I would probably go down a size to 15 inch rims ideally. Lighter weight, cheaper and so are the tires etc... I will check out OZ and like quality rims that don't cost an arm and leg.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Best bet would be to get a rim that is similar made by OZ. If you go to Tire Rack you can find them. I forget the name of them, but they are made by OZ a good manufacturer rims are made in Italy.

I was going to say, they look like OZ Leggera... very popular and respectable rims.

Thank You QP those are the ones!!

Jeff

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Thank you. I would probably go down a size to 15 inch rims ideally. Lighter weight, cheaper and so are the tires etc... I will check out OZ and like quality rims that don't cost an arm and leg.

Indeed. You might have trouble sourcing them in 15" size though. 16's Maybe, 15's might be a hard find. Good Luck and let us know what you go with.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back