New Fram Oil filter line

Was walking around walmart and ran into this. I really like the whole can is textured, and similar to ford blue. Maybe a bit darker. Notice one of the holes are bigger. Not sure why.
20240104_215931.jpg
20240104_215950.jpg

they’ve been around for a little while now. same filter as the royal purple and amsoil. ascent showed the royal purple version of the FE10575 to be right at 99% at 20 microns. great filters and wouldn’t hesitate to run one on anything i own. the wife’s car currently has a FE7317 on it with a sump of 4qts valvoline restore and protect and 1qt HPL EC30. chose to run the endurance over an OG ultra backed titanium for the OCI with the engine cleaner in it.

Last edited:
As others have said, the Endurance has been out awhile. It has white media with wire backing. The new Ultras don't have wire backing anymore, or have plastic mesh backing, so the Endurance is like the old Ultra at a higher price :sneaky:

The one bigger hole is common in some Champion baseplates. Fram and Champion are owned by Trico.

I have the same type of filter on my F-150 and read it is only made for Walmart and if I remember correctly it was good for about 5,000 more miles than similar filters. I do like the color and paint scheme.

The one larger inlet hole, a Champ Labs design thing for years. Same goes for the letters AA stamped on the base plate. Sometimes other letters there instead. So yeah, FE, Fram's new-ish top of line filter made by Champ Labs.

Walmart specced a 'chart topping' filter? I'm impressed and skeptical.
I doubt Walmart "engineers" (no real engineers at Walmart, lol) had anything to do with specifying the Endurance. Fram probably just used Walmart to introduce the Endurance at the lowest price possible.

I doubt Walmart "engineers" (no real engineers at Walmart, lol) had anything to do with specifying the Endurance. Fram probably just used Walmart to introduce the Endurance at the lowest price possible.
He has a point…..WallyWorld seems to be the only place that has them.

He has a point…..WallyWorld seems to be the only place that has them.
it’s just like AAP getting the titanium. it is just an Ultra in a texture finished can. just gives each store an exclusive item to sell. the endurance is however built by champion labs. if you can no longer find wire backed ultras, then you can try checking your local AAP’s by taking a flash light and shining down the center tube on the titanium’s. you will either see pink media with wire backing or yellow cellulose paper.

Looks sort of - but not same - as the white Champ filter that came on my new (last gen) Ranger over a decade ago. It was painted white. Liked it better than the Purolator.

fomocobase_82011.JPG
fomocofilter_82011.JPG

Back