New Filter in 3.7L Pentastar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking ahead toward the first oil change I find out that there is a new filter, MO-349, used in my Dodge Journey. I ordered Mopar filters off Ebay 3/24.95 and free shipping.

I'm wondering though, when a manufacturer changes design (changed from the 3.6L engine of 2013) and a new part is introduced, how long before aftermarket follows suit with their own offerings. Or, should I just continue to buy Mopar filters?

It depends on the demand.

Even for the 3.6 that started being available in 2011/12, it took quite a while to get more than 3 or 4 options.

There aren't too many choices as of yet. You can't go wrong with the Mopar filter, check out Amazon sometimes you can get a good deal on them there.

How do you like the engine so far?

Personally, I love the Pentastar. I don't know if there were any calibration changes between the '12 and '14 versions, but it is strong and pretty efficient for it's power. We've got 28MPG in our T&C on a highway trip.

I love the engine and the HP (283) is quite a bit more than my 3.8L Windstar. I got my Mopar filters on Amazon, so I guess I 'll continue until Fram , P1 or whoever come out with one. It is probably better for the warranty anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back