New Conneticut Gun laws////Ammo sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cri...e-data-table-11

Blunt objects are used to kill more people every year than any sort of rifle. Hands and feet kill more than twice as many people as any sort of rifle.

Knives are used at 20% of the rate of total firearms, and are used 5 times more often than any sort of rifle.

"Other" is more than double the rate of any sort of rifle.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation kills 500-1000 people a year.
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/27/scienc...?pagewanted=all

Anyone that wants to ban any sort of rifle simply doesn't have facts on their side and is arguing from an emotional agenda.

The FBI stats show that arguments and "unknown" are the largest reasons for homicide. Banning arguments is clearly the proper course of action here....

Quote:
But unfortunately SOMETHING needs to be done because there are far too many irresponsible people not suited for gun ownership, who are causing the propagation of death and fear, hurting us all.

What about the history of gun laws in this country would make you believe that the government "doing something" now will make things any better than it did "doing something" in the past?

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
But unfortunately SOMETHING needs to be done because there are far too many irresponsible people not suited for gun ownership, who are causing the propagation of death and fear, hurting us all.

What about the history of gun laws in this country would make you believe that the government "doing something" now will make things any better than it did "doing something" in the past?

What laws? What has had any effect? Why hasnt it?

Your suggestion to play ostrich hasnt worked either. Unfortunately the population against gun owners is growing more powerful every day...

In Illinois one must apply for a Foid firearm owner id) card. then upon purchase the ffl dealer calls in the foid owners number. A 24 wait for long guns and a 3 day wait for hand guns is instilled before you can get your gun.

Query this. Has this system prevented any crimes, if so how many?...of course these foid laws and the strict conceal carry laws in this state along with the bunch in Cook County have created a environment of 40 murders per month on the Southside.
Criminals don't follow the laws....won't follow the laws....and subsequently will feed off the weakest prey...prime example of government gun control utter failure.
05.gif

Quote:
Unfortunately the population against gun owners is growing more powerful every day...

Only because the media wishes to dramatize the events for ratings.

Falling down causes 26,000 deaths per year. Should "something" be done about that?

Drug induced death: 40,000 per year. Alcohol induced death: 25,000 per year. Drowning: 3,800 deaths per year.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/deaths_2010_release.pdf

Pages 23-24

Laws are only incentives for deterrent, they do not control actual behavior. If someone really wants to kill someone, they will do it. This is why passing a law to "do something" has absolutely no correlation to actually stopping violence by individuals bent on committing it.

If people are so against guns, why don't all the ban happy people just be honest, straight forward and change the US Constitution? Resorting to half-truths, allegations, and just plain bunkum is no way to move forward. There is no middle ground. Gun "laws" don't work. Truly getting rid of all guns will eliminate gun deaths. So just ban ALL guns and round them up after changing the Constitution.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Since that was published the new figure is 3500 I just cannot find it.

33.gif

Yeah, I didn't see that coming.

Step 1: Make inflammatory claims stated as fact, that can't be substantiated.

Step 2: When called upon to verify those claims state: "Err, Uhh, I can't find it".

Clearly you need to start your own website, and fill it with a bunch of unverifiable "facts", to make your point.

As I said: It would be a joke, if it weren't so pathetic.

207 deaths difference. Like I said Syria could really use some of these threads. 207 difference what the h is wrong with this thinking??207 less killed by guns and needs to be checked background wise developes a statement.
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Since that was published the new figure is 3500 I just cannot find it.

33.gif
Yeah, I didn't see that coming.

Step 1: Make inflammatory claims stated as fact, that can't be substantiated.

Step 2: When called upon to verify those claims state: "Err, Uhh, I can't find it".

Clearly you need to start your own website, and fill it with a bunch of unverifiable "facts", to make your point.

As I said: It would be a joke, if it weren't so pathetic.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
Unfortunately the population against gun owners is growing more powerful every day...

Only because the media wishes to dramatize the events for ratings.

Falling down causes 26,000 deaths per year. Should "something" be done about that?

Drug induced death: 40,000 per year. Alcohol induced death: 25,000 per year. Drowning: 3,800 deaths per year.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/deaths_2010_release.pdf

Pages 23-24

Laws are only incentives for deterrent, they do not control actual behavior. If someone really wants to kill someone, they will do it. This is why passing a law to "do something" has absolutely no correlation to actually stopping violence by individuals bent on committing it.

I hear you, but the media juggernaut has taken its stance and is taking its actions. Ive done all that I can - I boycott all tv, and dont subscribe to cable and the like, try to avoid the entertainers that spout their agenda in public. The antis are still advancing - so obviously the "more guns" or the "Im innocent" or any other ostrich-like stanceis not effective at this point and will only lead to more rights being removed.

Not sure if the pro gun folks arent smart enough or just not powerful enough, but it isnt looking good, and the current agenda is just not working IMO.

Funny how the anti-gunners figures calculate huge percentages of people in favor of their claims and motives, yet the constituents within any given district are calling on their representatives and senators that they are NOT in favor of gun control.....which is why said congressman ultimately vote to THEIR percentages.

The math does not add up and the NRA is made up of citizens not an entity unto itself as the mainstream press would like you to believe.

Last edited:
It really comes down to a simple question or two.

If evil bad guys are roaming around your neighborhood with guns...would one rather be armed or not?
If the government goes wild or deems almighty control ( which is why the 2nd amendment was written)... would you rather be armed or not?

Of course, but in many places, it isn't shifting the tides. Commn sense arguments aren't working - simple as that. period.

I spent the better part of one day calling all my elected officials voicing displeasure in gun regs. It did nothing.

How much more time should I waste for an issue that is portrayed and arguable by many anti groups such that all the happy safe people in suburbia agree because they don't want their kids shot up the same way.

Not necessarily right, smart or reasonable, but winning. The good guy with a gun argument is garbage - why? Because gun control propaganda is still perpetuating.

But those who insist on a continued free for all also perpetuate the continuation of the anti gun agenda. Instead of griping, come up with good ideas and basis that pulls the rug out frommundermthe anti gun folks, and then spread the good news with all your might.

I'm not seeing it happen.

Ya'll need to move down south. I just chuckled today when I heard a local HS advertising a fund raiser on the radio. They were advertising a Turkey Shoot this weekend to raise funds for a public HS. I just smiled and thought, try that in NY.

Down here I would honestly guess at least 65% of homes have a firearm. I live right next to a decent sized city that has a pretty bad crime problem. But the funny thing is - it doesn't affect me at all. I stay out of the city after 5:00 and anyways its almost always criminal on criminal gun crime anyways. They do not care about gun laws, never have-never will. I personally do not carry, and probably never will. I do however have 3 loaded guns under my bed, because my home is my castle.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut

I live right next to a decent sized city that has a pretty bad crime problem. But the funny thing is - it doesn't affect me at all. I stay out of the city after 5:00 and anyways its almost always criminal on criminal gun crime anyways. They do not care about gun laws, never have-never will. I personally do not carry, and probably never will. I do however have 3 loaded guns under my bed, because my home is my castle.

You could say that about most anywhere. Most of the bad behavior and worst stats are VERY local. Tempest posted a website a few months back that showed that.

Oh, and lets not forget...."shoot through a door when you dont know who is on the other side"....or "blast one up in the air"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back