New Chevy Caprice Cop Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving home from work yesterday, took a double take when I saw "MY" car in the car yard next to the one that I bought mine off.

IMG_2795.jpg

Not mine, stopped to have a look.

L67 engine just like mine, but with a few mods.

Dual exhausts
IMG_2796.jpg

More plumbing, an intercooler and aftermarket pulley.

IMG_2791.jpg

High ratio rockers, Small pulley (looks to be about as small as will fit an unmachined snout), according to mechanic who built the thing, dynoed at 275Kw (365HP)...about 145 hp over stock.

Made me decide that mine is getting more power and soon, but not this much...

crinkles,
This one is a riot...mine is sublime for my morning commute. An acre of leather, climate control, Neil Diamond/Pink/Ratt through 10 speakers.

Look on Used car sales...dozens for less than 7 grand.

Mine is running Shell 10W-30 with a bottle of Auto-Rx.

Will do some quicky changes with Supercheap 15W-40, then probably settle on Delo 400.

I work for a small to mid size dept in NE PA, we currently use CVPI, PPV Tahoes 2x, 1 4x Tahoe and 1 4x expidition. Our sepcial service cars are Impalas. The demise of the CVPI is not a dissapointment to most of us. These Caprices are neat and should be a contender, however in most parts of PA and the northeast USA, agencies buy their cars on state bid, meaning that the state agency (Pennsylvania State Police, here) bids the cars low (due to large numbers purchased) and the smaller departments go along and get the deal. In PA these Chevys will not be in the state bid because it requires an american built auto. The state will probably end up with the Taurus. Luckily our mechanics are smart and keep advising against front drive cars because they DO NOT stand up to the abuse they see. I have hit/gone over curbs at 50 + in a CVPI and a Tahoe without issue, our Impalas have been damaged by far less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back