New Champ PH2876 C&P

champ2876 lay out.jpg
champ 2876 tube.jpg
champ 2876 pleats2.jpg
ph 2876 pleats1.jpg
champ 2876 scale.jpg
champ 2876 inside.jpg
Champ 2876 date.jpg

Pretty solid looking filter. Have been running these on a 1.8L Nissan. Will get a used C&P in a few months. This is the 6607 equivalent.

$1.37/filter on RA. Probably fine for a newer engine (e.g. leased car) at very short intervals.

Reactions: JC1
Weird, the ones I have are Chinese made.
Yeah IDK? I have run Champ ph2835 (FL-910s) in the past and they were made in USA too as well as several Champ air filters I have bought. I was going to order more of these with my next RA order, but maybe I'll just buy the Prime/Rural king or the Fram COR6607 which are the same filter so I can verify where they are built. People assume Champ are cheap because they are inexpensive. I'll argue there is a difference between the two.

Being one of the smallest Champ Labs filters this tier, this one is classic construction using Champ separate blue button bypass. No ecore with combo valve. If not identical, very similar to current ST6607. The other with similar construction is 4967 equivalent. I like the fact it uses a separate coil spring bypass. Other Champ this tier including the previously aforementioned PH2835 (3614 equivalent) are ecore with combo valve. 9688 exception to that as seen in Super Tech. RA price not inclusive of shipping, if not buying in bulk or as add in to order, something to consider.

Back in the day Champ made SuperTech used to have identical construction in the longer 7317 size. Now all consolidated and downsized to topic 6607.

Based on comments, First Brands may be off shoring these now, at least with Champ name on can. Have to check out the Super Tech equivalent next time in WM.

Looks ok for ~5k mi fci filter.

For the price these sell for, I wonder where they get the steel. It can't be US made steel because that's quite a lot for a couple bucks, just in the steel.

First I've seen the ST6607 from the yt with the hybrid ecore design, metal end caps with separate bypass. Same design as ST9688 (vid PF1127 equivalent). Don't recall c&p here, yet. Next time in WM have to check to see if they made a change over. Last time looked still classic design. Now wonder if popular ST3614 going to the newer hybrid design too. If so, an improvement imo over current.

It should be noted, Champ made ACDelco ecore applications specifically for newer GM vehicles with filter bypass, have never used a combo valve. Always separate poppet bypass, now though use hybrid design.

Back