New car thread. {PIC HEAVY} 2021 Jetta detail.

3rd time the charm? Must be a VW thing. Girl at my work is now on her 3rd white Jetta with in 2 years and guess what? She found a paint flaw in the rocker panel. I said don’t mess with it because it’s opening a can or worms.

Glad to see it still has a real key. 😁. Actually not a bad looking car either. We don’t sell or work on VW other than oil changes at my dealership franchises.

That has always been the plan, hopefully it will be executed this time.
Make sure to erect a safer barrier around it at the grocery or some choice schmuck will hit it with a cart or door even at end of the lot.. and you will be starting over again..

Reactions: CKN
I just want a 30 car garage and buy alot of Volkswagens new and old, and just put them in there like toy cars and never touch them, only to come back 20 years later and admire them.

Make sure to erect a safer barrier around it at the grocery or some choice schmuck will hit it with a cart or door even at end of the lot.. and you will be starting over again..
I do what I can

Nice. Silver stays clean looking better than any other color IMO. It has to be on the right car though, a silver Camry looks like a fleet rental no matter what you do to it LOL.

My Passat is silver by the way.

Nice. Silver stays clean looking better than any other color IMO. It has to be on the right car though, a silver Camry looks like a fleet rental no matter what you do to it LOL.

My Passat is silver by the way.
I agree. VW did a good job with the Pyrite Silver. My wife has made many a remark that Silver is for rental cars but she likes this one.

Share what? And just saying a new car shouldn't need near the hard labor to make it look great. 6 hours is good time for all that. I'm guessing your Taurus will be double that.
The pics of your detail on the 15 year old Jetta.

I could have just washed it, applied spray wax and called it a day but then wanted a better finish and more protection than that.

Clay-baring the surface made a huge difference and allows the sealant to adhere better. Worth the extra time IMO to get more life out of the sealant.

Last edited:
How do you like Iron-X? Is it something you would buy again?

Did you put anything on the tires?

I’ll tell you what, those VW Jetta’s sure do have some beautiful lines…..
They really do. We have had a Jeep Compass rental for the past month and when we got this Jetta my wife literally said “it has such good lines”. The Jeep looked like a blob compared to this.

The pics of your detail on the 15 year old Jetta.
Ok, after I get the new headliner in I'll post some. Just have this pic after doing the headlights a few weeks ago.

img_8392-jpg.64306

Congratulations on the new car! Looks great. I wish you good luck with this one. Must be very discouraging to have to replace a car so often.

Back