New Car That Takes Premium Gas

Buy a new car that takes premium gas. I would guess they fill it with 87 octane instead. Your thoughts?

Dealers sales staff didn't even know it was a premium fuel car...
I worked at a motorcycle dealer decades ago. The bikes called for premium but they put 87 in them.

Our FJ says to use premium. Ppl on the forums say that 87 is fine for it. Ours runs weird on 87. Even my wife notices it.

Power is down and the transmission hunts for gears constantly on hills.

Throwing this out there.
Just seen it. I won't chase it but some may.

Mobil-Exxon app....

Buy 8 gallons of premium gas 3x a month.
Each gallon gets you 6 points
100 points equal a $1.00
Not thrilling but my local Exxon has 20 cents off a gallon on Tuesdays..

Some here would go for it...
Just saying.

I run 87 in my 2.0T Jeep usually. The difference is easily noticeable if its super hot outside or towing. Otherwise its like you lost 20hp.

Recommends 91 requires 87 is my owners manual language.

I don't believe our Optima SXL needed anything but 87 and that's all she gets.

The Stinger specifies premium though and that's all my wife uses in her baby.

I stopped by this shady gas station in the heart of mug city.
Premium 93 was $3.42 a gallon.
One of those dumps where the card reader does not work and you have to go inside.
The store manager was in a huffy mood so I robbed him....lol

Seriously as I pumped that precious 93 octane thunder juice, I had this little cloud over my head.
In that cloud was a buried rusty gas tank with heavy water intrusion and three pipes all going to the same pump
from the same tank. Each tube was labeled 87-89 and 93...........................
The tank however was labeled 87 octane ...

Next time I will just pump Exxon gold at $4.19 a gallon..............

I stopped by this shady gas station in the heart of mug city.
Premium 93 was $3.42 a gallon.
One of those dumps where the card reader does not work and you have to go inside.
The store manager was in a huffy mood so I robbed him....lol

Seriously as I pumped that precious 93 octane thunder juice, I had this little cloud over my head.
In that cloud was a buried rusty gas tank with heavy water intrusion and three pipes all going to the same pump
from the same tank. Each tube was labeled 87-89 and 93...........................
The tank however was labeled 87 octane ...

Next time I will just pump Exxon gold at $4.19 a gallon..............
I'd love to pay those prices!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-082251.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-082251.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 3
Buy a new car that takes premium gas. I would guess they fill it with 87 octane instead. Your thoughts?

Dealers sales staff didn't even know it was a premium fuel car...
I never let the dealer fill the tank, or if they insist I ride with the salesperson to the gas station.
Even then I got a tank of bilge water from shell station in Nashua NH, barely made it home - ruined the engine day 1.
My terrible luck. We have some illegal stuff going on - or stupidity - with fuel around here.

Isn't that tank gone yet? And Jeepers, Zee why are you making up problems that don't exist?

I never let the dealer fill the tank, or if they insist I ride with the salesperson to the gas station.
Even then I got a tank of bilge water from shell station in Nashua NH, barely made it home - ruined the engine day 1.
My terrible luck. We have some illegal stuff going on - or stupidity - with fuel around here.

Isn't that tank gone yet? And Jeepers, Zee why are you making up problems that don't exist?
It was filled prior to me buying it.
No big deal... The car gets crazy mpg so I just topped it off.

But the sales staff at this VW place had absolutely no clue on what they are selling...
One fool told me that you pay for the first oil change and then you get two free. Takes regular gas, the Arteon comes with real leather and on and on. I just laughed and corrected them..

Back